GEN3 Ford Raptor R Owner Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course I’ve heard of a wastegate. I have vastly more experience with turbo vehicles than superchargers, so maybe I’m missing something, but I would assume the bypass valve would regulate boost on a supercharger the same way.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With a name of boostCreep I would have thought you would know the waste gate allows to help mitigate. The turbo just spins a bit faster to make the same boost.
As I said, I’m very familiar with boost management on a turbo motor. Maybe my understanding differs with a supercharger. The wastegate doesn’t help mitigate, it just regulates the boost pressure the same as at sea level. It holds peak boost constant no matter what your ambient pressure is.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage you get from turbos at altitude is identical to the advantage you get running a blower. The higher the pressure ratios, the bigger the advantage. I.e., 1atm of boost on a turbo vehicle vs 1atm of boost on a supercharged vehicle will see the same power reduction at the same altitude. At 1atm of boost you’re running at a 2atm MAP, while a n/a motor would be running at 1atm. If ambient pressure is 50% sea level for example, the n/a vehicle would lose 50% power, while the boosted vehicle would only lose 25% since it would still be at 1.5atm MAP, turbo or supercharger doesn’t matter.

The 3.5 has an advantage because the factory boost levels are about 6-7 psi higher than the predator.
The turbo due to the waste gate will maintain a higher boost level. It can compensate for less air density. I do not know how the SC would other than a smaller pulley. Absolutely a SC is going to help but I do not know if it is as effective as the turbo when helping when going up in elevation.

Sam

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The turbo due to the waste gate will maintain a higher boost level. It can compensate for less air density. I do not know how the SC would other than a smaller pulley. Absolutely a SC is going to help but I do not know if it is as effective as the turbo when helping when going up in elevation.

Sam
Understood, I’m probably off on my understanding of the supercharger, if boost pressure is just fixed by the pulley, then it’ll make less boost at altitude and will drop in power in proportion to a n/a motor, which would make me wrong.

Carry on gentlemen.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I said, I’m very familiar with boost management on a turbo motor. Maybe my understanding differs with a supercharger. The wastegate doesn’t help mitigate, it just regulates the boost pressure the same as at sea level. It holds peak boost constant no matter what your ambient pressure is.

No wastegate on a SC. It works with the exhaust which effectively can maintain a base boost level. Even with that said air density will still cause a loss in power at elevation with same boost levels. We have always factored around a 1% loss even with a turbo.

Sam

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the s, pure sleeper and a rocket.
Crazy the Porsche dealer I use in Denver had a 600LT that was a twin to yours. The exhaust out the rear lid is so cool on the 600LT. Beautiful car. I was sooooo tempted to trade my 911TTS in on it. Just couldn't quite pull the trigger. Kind of on the look for a 720S. The 765LT would be really nice but it's a more than I can justify.

Sam

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
Crazy the Porsche dealer I use in Denver had a 600LT that was a twin to yours. The exhaust out the rear lid is so cool on the 600LT. Beautiful car. I was sooooo tempted to trade my 911TTS in on it. Just couldn't quite pull the trigger. Kind of on the look for a 720S. The 765LT would be really nice but it's a more than I can justify.

Sam
I've got my eye on a 765lt since the prices are finally coming down... 765 is the ultimate car to have and last for me if I ever get one. More than likely I won't get it as the 600 does everything and more then I'll ever need.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my eye on a 765lt since the prices are finally coming down... 765 is the ultimate car to have and last for me if I ever get one. More than likely I won't get it as the 600 does everything and more then I'll ever need.

Yep. Actually a new Honda does more than I need. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam