Gen2 Discussion for Gen1 Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is where the group buy or feeler thread comes in handy.... you never know with down payment's it's a win win two interested and it's not even a thread

I certainly won't turn my nose up at the idea but I also don't feel like begging people to take my money. Especially people who are turning their noses up at a market that actually exists today for a market that doesn't even exist yet.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
As I mentioned to @pirate air in a PM, we are not opposed to doing a custom j-arm build on a Raptor. It's something we're happy to do, so if you're really interested, let me know and we can continue this conversation.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Posted today but nothing really new on the 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvm-8YTiWQ

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

That honestly just looks like a 2014 that had a bunch of fugly slapped all over it.

I like that concept 10 times more when I first saw it. Still having a hard time with the looks of the gen2. Hoping this one looks much better in person. I hoping after you guys buy one and drive it for a year or so, then you can tell us all about it. If everyone raves about it and they don't do overkill on the pricing, I may just pick up one. If not, I'll likely just get a second gently used gen1.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys saw but the #67 Ford GT at Rolex 24 in Daytona is already behind the wall working on the transmission apparently. Didn't last 20 minutes. At least the #66 is doing well early. Not the greatest debut for our new 3.5 eco!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys saw but the #67 Ford GT at Rolex 24 in Daytona is already behind the wall working on the transmission apparently. Didn't last 20 minutes. At least the #66 is doing well early. Not the greatest debut for our new 3.5 eco!

I didnt know the ecoboost was a transmission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not the greatest debut for our new 3.5 eco!

That same 3.5L Ecoboost won the 24hrs Daytona last year in the No. 02 Ford EcoBoost/Riley DP car.

Ganassi introduces new Ford GT Sports Car Program
Only those on the inside had any inkling that this racing program was doubling as a development program for an engine that will power not only the new Ford GT race car, but also the production version of the Ford GT race car that was launched to overwhelming fanfare at the North American International Auto Show this past January. A couple of weeks after that new car was introduced, NASCAR stars Kyle Larson and Jamie McMurray combined with IndyCar stars Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan to win the Rolex 24 At Daytona in Ganassi's No. 02 Ford EcoBoost/Riley DP.

Production, Racing Teams Collaborate On All-New Ford GT's EcoBoost Racing Engine

http://www.torquenews.com/106/watch-listen-and-fall-love-ford-gt-race-car

Last edited:
OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't think that was the same engine. Yes, a 3.5l eco but the one in the Ford GT is the newest iteration isn't it?

By the way the second one is in the pits now, brake line or something. Oh wait, now the #66 has lost power and is back in the pits. Ugh!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.