Gen1/Gen2 pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
290fc11fdaa6fcb551aeac7101f6b619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krock77

Reaction score
its ok.. you've wasted enough of your money recently. maybe put it towards a real set of brakes?
For the "street", I think the stock brakes are fine. They were just lacking a little color. Not anymore. Right Downforce???? Sorry, I know how it upsets you when we talk about those shhhhhhh.... caliper covers. I said it as quietly as possible so not to upset you too badly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, that helps me sleep. I mean really- you think I give two seconds of thought as to what a 2017 Raptor looks like when I'm not reading this forum?

I like Ford trucks, so I bought the best looking F150 they ever made. I didn't like the looks of the '17 Raptor from day one at the Autoshow. I was watching it live online when it was introduced. I was thinking about buying one until I saw it. Then I went and bought the '13 used.

I still don't like the '17 Raptors, even though I do like the 2015+ trucks in general. To me it looks exactly like I described- it's like they took a 2015 and said, OK now make it look like a Raptor. The 10-14 Raptor's form followed function. The 17 Raptor's form follows the 10-14 Raptor's form.

I'm sure it performs just fine- and I'd be surprised if it wasn't better all around. I just don't like the look of it compared to the original Raptors. You know, like if they were parked side by side, like uh- all the pictures in this thread.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I listed 4 just from Ford in post #25 above, including F150 trucks.

Same here pretty much. From when it first debuted and my initial thought was meh. After checking it out in person and parking mine by it, it just doesn't have the same beast look. I think the gen1 flows better like a clean slate designed vehicle whereas the gen2 almost looks like separate designers worked on different segments and slapped the parts together. Unfortunately, the more I see it the less I like it. The engine was already a no-go for me but the looks are not growing on me. Quite the opposite and I'm a huge ford guy. Love the super duty's though!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the "street", I think the stock brakes are fine. They were just lacking a little color. Not anymore. Right Downforce???? Sorry, I know how it upsets you when we talk about those shhhhhhh.... caliper covers. I said it as quietly as possible so not to upset you too badly.

they really dont bother me.. they're not on my truck.

if i wanted color on my aftermarket brakes, I could paint them, but then again, they're just gonna be dirty anyways..

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the record, I just bought a Gen 2. I never owned a Gen 1. I still think Gen 1 grill and hood look better. To each their own...

I expect a model 3 years later to perform better in most areas, otherwise there are engineering issues with a company. However, appearance is not something you can state is definitively improved since its entirely personal preference, and new style is not always preferred by the majority. I bet most mustang enthusiasts don't think 2017 is the best looking mustang ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

krock77

Reaction score
they really dont bother me.. they're not on my truck.

if i wanted color on my aftermarket brakes, I could paint them, but then again, they're just gonna be dirty anyways..
There ya go. See, that wasn't so hard. Go have fun in the dirt. I think it's great you offroad, not sure why some of you have such a problem with them staying on road. Enjoy!!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There ya go. See, that wasn't so hard. Go have fun in the dirt. I think it's great you offroad, not sure why some of you have such a problem with them staying on road. Enjoy!!

because they're ricer/poser stuff. its sacrilege.

when i say they dont bother me, if i see a car with them on the road im def pointing and laughing and maybe taking a picture. again, its being a total poser. buy real brakes, or dont front like you have real brakes..

krock77

Reaction score
He may be angry, but at least he isn't delusional......

#forumpussy
Gilligan, where have you been. I've missed you.... Glad you are okay. Your all delusional if you really thought Ford planned on all the Raptors going offroad. It's great that they are capable, but it's the buyers choice how they ultimately want to use it. I'm sure none of you guys got the 802A package, because that would be total hypocrisy. Adaptive cruise control on a Raptor. Say it isn't so. Have a good night Gilligan. You've been missed.