Gen1/Gen2 pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen2 looks 10x better. Way more aggressive, better sidesteps, better front and rear, better lights. What isn't better?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am brand new to the Raptor....some of you guys really crack me up.....
Show me one vehicle that evolves from generation to generation that doesn't cue from the previous in some way....granted some do more than others.....

and why the Gen 2 bashing? Makes no sense.....both are cool trucks....everyone should just be thankful we can afford whatever Gen we have...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen2 design lead to team:
OK here's what we need-
We need a fake baja style bumper so it looks like a Raptor.
We need some vents on the fenders so it looks like a Raptor.
We need a big FORD letters in the grille so it looks like a Raptor.
We need a silver skid plate up front so it looks like a Raptor.
We need fender flares that are grey so it looks like a Raptor.
We need black urethane coated running boards so it looks like a Raptor.
Etc, etc.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say...
Ha! Whatever helps you sleep. The Gen2 is an evolution of the original Raptor, and crushes it in every category. Go drive one, you'll see.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, that helps me sleep. I mean really- you think I give two seconds of thought as to what a 2017 Raptor looks like when I'm not reading this forum?

I like Ford trucks, so I bought the best looking F150 they ever made. I didn't like the looks of the '17 Raptor from day one at the Autoshow. I was watching it live online when it was introduced. I was thinking about buying one until I saw it. Then I went and bought the '13 used.

I still don't like the '17 Raptors, even though I do like the 2015+ trucks in general. To me it looks exactly like I described- it's like they took a 2015 and said, OK now make it look like a Raptor. The 10-14 Raptor's form followed function. The 17 Raptor's form follows the 10-14 Raptor's form.

I'm sure it performs just fine- and I'd be surprised if it wasn't better all around. I just don't like the look of it compared to the original Raptors. You know, like if they were parked side by side, like uh- all the pictures in this thread.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Show me one vehicle that evolves from generation to generation that doesn't cue from the previous in some way.

I listed 4 just from Ford in post #25 above, including F150 trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that helps me sleep. I mean really- you think I give two seconds of thought as to what a 2017 Raptor looks like when I'm not reading this forum?

I like Ford trucks, so I bought the best looking F150 they ever made. I didn't like the looks of the '17 Raptor from day one at the Autoshow. I was watching it live online when it was introduced. I was thinking about buying one until I saw it. Then I went and bought the '13 used.

I still don't like the '17 Raptors, even though I do like the 2015+ trucks in general. To me it looks exactly like I described- it's like they took a 2015 and said, OK now make it look like a Raptor. The 10-14 Raptor's form followed function. The 17 Raptor's form follows the 10-14 Raptor's form.

I'm sure it performs just fine- and I'd be surprised if it wasn't better all around. I just don't like the look of it compared to the original Raptors. You know, like if they were parked side by side, like uh- all the pictures in this thread.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I listed 4 just from Ford in post #25 above, including F150 trucks.
"10-14 Raptors form followed function". That's just funny. The Gen1 was fine, but the Gen2 is fantastic. We all have our opinions on which looks better, although I would bet that not 1 Gen2 owner thinks the Gen1 looks better, but plenty Gen1 owners see the Gen2 as an improvement in the looks dept. Just go drive a Gen2, I'd like to hear your EDUCATED opinion.
I'm glad there was a Gen1 Raptor, the Gen2 wouldn't exist without it, obviously. Ford recognized the shortcomings of the Gen1 and fixed them all, including the looks. I actually considered buying a 2013 Raptor with 18k miles last year but I really didn't like it. Looked ok, but had trouble getting out of its own way compared to my 2011 Ecoboost F150 with 3.73 gears. I ended up buying a 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost, which I traded in on my 2017 Raptor. I wasn't looking for one but decided to drive one that a local dealer had. Bought it 15 minutes later. Again, go drive one and you'll understand.......

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
I had my gen 1 and 2 parked side by side and found from pictures the gen 1 looks slightly better but in person the gen 2 is much better. The gen 1 just looks dated when side by side.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally saw one a couple weeks ago and I definitely agree the Gen 2 looks much better in person than it does in pics, just like the Gen 1 always has. And both really need a front bumper to look their best, in my opinion. Still hoping they put a real motor in the Gen 2, as I would like to add one to the stable at some point.

OP
OP
S

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally saw one a couple weeks ago and I definitely agree the Gen 2 looks much better in person than it does in pics, just like the Gen 1 always has. And both really need a front bumper to look their best, in my opinion. Still hoping they put a real motor in the Gen 2, as I would like to add one to the stable at some point.

"A real motor". Pssshhhh. Gen2 drills that ol 6.2. Not even close.