Gen 4 500hp dark horse V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seats are nice, FWIW. You do get **** tons of torque, but at a pretty substantial weight penalty. That weight penalty we’re all dancing around means a change in tire selection, which implicates suspension dynamics, and so on. With current tech, I just don’t see how they could offset that weight penalty, make it off road capable, and provide a tangible boost in power. If they could keep the weight at current levels and implement... maybe. I don’t think the tech is there.
Ford and fox do have a “technology demonstrator” built by rtr which is one off lightning with custom raptor running gear. Obv the next raptor isn’t going to be full electric but clearly they are studying how to build shocks to handle battery weight and still do raptor stuff.

I expect them to try solve for the hybrid weight and deliver a next gen HO powerboost in the gen 4 raptor. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a goal for gen 3 and they just couldn’t do it yet. Lighter battery tech and purpose built shocks to handle the weight and they might just be able to deliver.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford and fox do have a “technology demonstrator” built by rtr which is one off lightning with custom raptor running gear. Obv the next raptor isn’t going to be full electric but clearly they are studying how to build shocks to handle battery weight and still do raptor stuff.

I expect them to try solve for the hybrid weight and deliver a next gen HO powerboost in the gen 4 raptor. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a goal for gen 3 and they just couldn’t do it yet. Lighter battery tech and purpose built shocks to handle the weight and they might just be able to deliver.
I just wonder if that’ll be a higher trim model and we’ll still have a base Gen 4 Raptor with the 3.5HO or if it’ll be hybrid only for Gen 4.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wonder if that’ll be a higher trim model and we’ll still have a base Gen 4 Raptor with the 3.5HO or if it’ll be hybrid only for Gen 4.
I would hope by Gen 4 the 3.5 gets a power increase. It’s going to have to keep up with the TRX/RHO 6 cylinder as far as power numbers.

Last edited: