Gen 3 Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no hood guard or jimmi jammer for the Gen 3. They do have the tailgate keeper available though. I think some have done the passenger door handle on the driver side prevention method, but I agree, Ravelco is the way to go if you park outside. Only way to steal it is a tow truck then, which nothing can stop. Others have moved the horn wires or horn itself inside the engine bay to prevent thieves from cutting that wire prior to break in. Some have third party GPS trackers hidden since the ford tracker gets cut quickly by professionals. Definitely best to park in a garage if you can, faraday case at a minimum to prevent the key copy trick.
I have seen alot of videos where they buy a passenger door handle to put on drivers side. It seems easier and cheaper to just pop the rod off the lock. Result is the same, you can turn that key cylinder all day but the door wont open, although the idiots may damage some paint in a vain attempt to open the door. I agree that a GPS tracker and disable device is essential for good hunting.....

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Some have suggested a kill switch wired via the push to start button, I believe it was brought up by FordTechOne in another discussion about preventing our trucks from being stolen, and there's a video on YouTube about installing a kill switch onto the fuel pump primer which I prefer.

Just have to be innovative on where to hide the kill switch, it may be broken into but it won't be stolen as long as they don’t realize and find your kill switch and I'd doubt they'd spend much time thinking about or looking for one.

It may not be as good as the Ravelco but it's a lot cheaper and IMHO unlikely it will be stolen.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't agree. Again, most "pros" are going to be prepared. If your kill switch defeats them, they're going to walk away quietly and cover up any sign they were there.

Then they're either going to watch to see why and come back, or come back with a trailer.

It might give you a chance to move the vehicle to a safer location, but don't expect it alone to protect a vehicle from someone who knows enough to bypass an immobilizer.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Use a double pronged steering wheel club also
Have a locking cable that goes from front wheel thru running board front wheels turned all the way right
German Shepard sabaka on patrol
Then 6” model 29
Had a triumph bonneville and a 65 fuelie vette stolen which I still own but gone forever.
NEVER AGAIN FKN THIEVES

wagner262

Reaction score
Some have suggested a kill switch wired via the push to start button, I believe it was brought up by FordTechOne in another discussion about preventing our trucks from being stolen, and there's a video on YouTube about installing a kill switch onto the fuel pump primer which I prefer.

Just have to be innovative on where to hide the kill switch, it may be broken into but it won't be stolen as long as they don’t realize and find your kill switch and I'd doubt they'd spend much time thinking about or looking for one.

It may not be as good as the Ravelco but it's a lot cheaper and IMHO unlikely it will be stolen.
Why not attach it to one of the upsetter switches? I was asking this question the other day if anyone had before but didn’t get an answer. I think you are on to something with pump primer

Last edited:

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had anyone been privy to a Gen 3 theft other than via a tow truck or the Dearborn incident? I see Gen 2s getting stolen all the time, most go down to the cartels. Being in San Antonio it is prevalent. However Im not hearing anything on Gen 3s being stolen. Is there some changes which make it difficult or are they to new that they haven't figured it out yet?
I didn't know this was really a thing...? I'm near a border but if somebody wants something bad enough they will just bring the flatbed.