Gen 3 Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Datj70

Reaction score
Had anyone been privy to a Gen 3 theft other than via a tow truck or the Dearborn incident? I see Gen 2s getting stolen all the time, most go down to the cartels. Being in San Antonio it is prevalent. However Im not hearing anything on Gen 3s being stolen. Is there some changes which make it difficult or are they to new that they haven't figured it out yet?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
VGQ. When you open your driver’s door - pull the handle back and expose the key cylinder? if so, then it’s likely every bit as easy to get into as the 2015+ trucks and I’ve heard the previous gen F150s weren’t significantly more difficult to enter.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had anyone been privy to a Gen 3 theft other than via a tow truck or the Dearborn incident? I see Gen 2s getting stolen all the time, most go down to the cartels. Being in San Antonio it is prevalent. However Im not hearing anything on Gen 3s being stolen. Is there some changes which make it difficult or are they to new that they haven't figured it out yet?
I would think official counts would just include the count into regular F150s. As far as forum members, Most people are to miserable to say their new Gen 3 got stolen......I definitely would be.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't own stock in Ravelco, but I'm glad I got it installed. I was on the fence, but there really just isn't a good wait to beat it unless you have a tow truck or time or both.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a related note does anyone have a skid plate to protect the cat? I haven’t looked under the truck yet but I’m guessing it’s open for the taking?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a related note does anyone have a skid plate to protect the cat? I haven’t looked under the truck yet but I’m guessing it’s open for the taking?

They’re behind a skid plate closer to the turbos. The downpipes are a bi**h to get off, if anyone wants mine they can come and get them. Or they can just grab the one off my neighbor’s Prius.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford appears to have put some metal around the lock cylinder on Gen 3s. Not sure if it's helping.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no hood guard or jimmi jammer for the Gen 3. They do have the tailgate keeper available though. I think some have done the passenger door handle on the driver side prevention method, but I agree, Ravelco is the way to go if you park outside. Only way to steal it is a tow truck then, which nothing can stop. Others have moved the horn wires or horn itself inside the engine bay to prevent thieves from cutting that wire prior to break in. Some have third party GPS trackers hidden since the ford tracker gets cut quickly by professionals. Definitely best to park in a garage if you can, faraday case at a minimum to prevent the key copy trick.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no hood guard or jimmi jammer for the Gen 3. They do have the tailgate keeper available though. I think some have done the passenger door handle on the driver side prevention method, but I agree, Ravelco is the way to go if you park outside. Only way to steal it is a tow truck then, which nothing can stop. Others have moved the horn wires or horn itself inside the engine bay to prevent thieves from cutting that wire prior to break in. Some have third party GPS trackers hidden since the ford tracker gets cut quickly by professionals. Definitely best to park in a garage if you can, faraday case at a minimum to prevent the key copy trick.
As previously pointed out to me by another member, a .50 cal will stop a tow truck.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't worry about the door locks. Door entry isn't deterring any prepared thief, no matter what protections there are for the doors.

Getting past an immobilizer is a different story. Anyone prepared enough to bypass an immobilizer is prepared to deal with whatever else you've done, up to and including just pulling the truck up on a flatbed.

The unprepared guy is just going to smash your window and steal whatever you left loose inside. They're in no position to actually steal the vehicle unless you leave the keys in it. Don't leave the keys in it.

Now, if there is some knowledge that the immobilizer is trivially bypassed, that would actually be the place to start in protecting the vehicle. The door locks/glass/etc are irrelevant.