Gen 3 - Ordering List???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Raptorforum,
Recently I've shifted my goal of finding a clean, well priced gen 2 raptor to now ordering a new gen 3 when it's available. I visited a local ford dealer to me yesterday in hopes of getting my name put down on their list as I've been told that they typically end up getting a few allocations. The salesman mentioned that with so little information currently out on the truck (when/price/specs, etc.) they can't do anything other than contact me when more information has been made available. They seemed to feel that the June 10th order banks were very optimistic. I see quite a few members on this forum indicate that they are not only on a list, but they know exactly where they fall on the list with regards to allocations.

Is this a process that all dealers employ? Should I have pushed harder to be added to a specific list or should I just be reaching out to basically every local ford dealer to better the odds? I know I'm a bit late to the game on this truck and would really like to have the best chances possible of ordering one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Raptor_NV

Reaction score
I think every dealer goes about their process differently. It is my understanding dealers have an idea of their overall expected allocations at this point. With limited information available from Ford and the fact that order banks are not open, there really isn’t much dealers can do as they can’t process orders. Many dealers are taking names and creating their own internal list which they will run through once the order banks are open and trucks may be ordered.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word has it order banks open June 10 or 14. My dealer doesn't have a list but told me his first allocation will only be 3 Raptors. I've ordered other vehicles from him and he's told me I can have one. But I plan on being at the dealership the morning of June 10 and if banks aren't open I'll be there June 14. The early bird gets the worm.

OP
OP
RaptorFan1988

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you two for the responses - it seems pretty clear that each dealer has their own way of handling things. Hopefully as more information rolls out we've got a clearer picture of how buyers can go about setting up the transactions.

Greg Gobin

Reaction score
My dealer in western ky doesn’t know when they’ll be able to order a gen 3 or pricing for that matter. Ford hasn’t even released the specs on hp and torque yet so I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t see anything until the fall. You may order it in July and not get it until September or so with the chip shortage not getting any better

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you two for the responses - it seems pretty clear that each dealer has their own way of handling things. Hopefully as more information rolls out we've got a clearer picture of how buyers can go about setting up the transactions.

From what you described, your dealer just wants to get a list of interested buyers, and will allocate to whichever sale will bring in the most profit. I'm not knocking that strategy, but it might be a good idea to talk with several dealers, find one who's operating of first come first serve basis or whatever strategy fits best with your plans.

It's entirely possible that a lot of people back out of the running though if the final details, or delivery days don't line up with expectations.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been months of talk. Haven’t seen any concrete yet. I have to take a simple approach on this and say look around, read around. Dealers lots empty, delays, shortages. Every dealer is singing a different song. But they want your order and they surely will get your name and try to keep you locked in for that day. Times like no other.