Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMX

Reaction score
That’s weird… I thought I was the only one with the remote start issue. I usually have to lock (even thought it’s already locked to begin with) again and then hit the x2 start button on my remote and it’ll work.
Yes i have the same. Is this not by design?

RaptorMX

Reaction score
I own a 2023 Fort F-150 (Lobo) Raptor with 7k miles here in mexico. I bought it new from a dealer. So far i have the following issues:

- rear window (passenger side) was down and i couldnt close it
- driver window comes automatic down after closing it

=> both problems got solved when they exchanged the driver-window controll panel

- then i have a wierd loud (not normal) sound when i drive slow over bumpy roads. The sound is hard to locate. It sounds from somewhere in the middle of the truck.

- then i have a clicking noise from the gas pedal

- when i reverse and there is s car approaching (even 2 lines away), the car makes an emergency stop.

- sometimes when i already break, the car makes an emergency break when i drive too close to another car.

- and i found on each door, under the rubber sealing a damage. For me it looks like from the factory. The pain and even some ?metall? Is shaved off. This worries me a a little bit. Any risk for future rust?

- sometimes when i start the drive modes are not available

So far thats it

Does someone has a solution for any of those issues?

Many thanks

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2023 Fort F-150 (Lobo) Raptor with 7k miles here in mexico. I bought it new from a dealer. So far i have the following issues:

- rear window (passenger side) was down and i couldnt close it
- driver window comes automatic down after closing it

=> both problems got solved when they exchanged the driver-window controll panel

- then i have a wierd loud (not normal) sound when i drive slow over bumpy roads. The sound is hard to locate. It sounds from somewhere in the middle of the truck.

- then i have a clicking noise from the gas pedal

- when i reverse and there is s car approaching (even 2 lines away), the car makes an emergency stop.

- sometimes when i already break, the car makes an emergency break when i drive too close to another car.

- and i found on each door, under the rubber sealing a damage. For me it looks like from the factory. The pain and even some ?metall? Is shaved off. This worries me a a little bit. Any risk for future rust?

- sometimes when i start the drive modes are not available

So far thats it

Does someone has a solution for any of those issues?

Many thanks
Sounds like you have a lot of gremlins. Try opening up your fuse panels and ensuring they are all properly seated. Some of the issues may just be nature of the beast as mine had similar electrical type problems.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think the top two here may have something to do with the setting you have turned on (emergency braking) inside driver assistance section in settings. Try turning that off and seee what happens.

The last one is unfortunate, but the truck is made of aluminum so rust will not be an issue. Just use touch up paint to make it not so obvious.

Rap-R-2023

Reaction score
After seeing and driving the new Gen 3's, it's obvious that they are a totally different breed. Ride quality is amazing, the new technology is great but we are seeing a few issues. I will update what the actual cause of the issue is and then what the fix was, once we are updated.

-Electronics issue when going through water:
On a most recent trail run, all 3 of the Gen 3's had the same issue. After moderate water crossings, they all 3 lost their driver mode functions and 4 wheel drive. 2 of the trucks completely shut down and would not crank over to start back up. We disconnected batteries for 30 minutes and a few other things. We were able to get the trucks started but driver modes were no longer available along with the loss of 4x4. it sounds like wiring harness plugs getting loaded with water, but we couldn't find any that would have been compromised.
I have the same issue with My Raptor R 2023 8k miles (I was only offroad once). Faults = Driver Control Fault Service Required, Steering feel selection not available, Driver mode not available. Step 1 Disconnect battery for +5 hours - No change. I called the dealer about the matter. The dealer asked that I bring the truck in, first thing in the morning. I brought the truck in the mech did an inspection and found the problem right away 45-minute wait time. The driver-side fox shock selenoid cable was rubbing against something and was damaged. The part has been ordered and will arrive and be installed in one day. Note on the passenger side frt I did find a disconnected cable. I reconnected it, not sure what it affects.

Attachments

• 20231121_194852.jpg
    20231121_194852.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231121_194926.jpg
    20231121_194926.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231121_195115.jpg
    20231121_195115.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231125_141849_3324223066177.mp4
    9.5 MB

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue with My Raptor R 2023 8k miles (I was only offroad once). Faults = Driver Control Fault Service Required, Steering feel selection not available, Driver mode not available. Step 1 Disconnect battery for +5 hours - No change. I called the dealer about the matter. The dealer asked that I bring the truck in, first thing in the morning. I brought the truck in the mech did an inspection and found the problem right away 45-minute wait time. The driver-side fox shock selenoid cable was rubbing against something and was damaged. The part has been ordered and will arrive and be installed in one day. Note on the passenger side frt I did find a disconnected cable. I reconnected it, not sure what it affects.
That solenoid wire hooks under the shock spring retainer. I had two break, it’s a little plastic clip that uses the hole in the bottom of the retainer.

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of how it's supposed to be attached.. I just ran outside and checked and both of mine are attached correctly.

Attachments

• 20231204_145156.jpg
    20231204_145156.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 71

steved57

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I guess I'm very lucky / fortunate as my 23 has 18k miles with some moderate offroad driving with 0 issues

I'm a lifelong Ford guy, hate seeing all these issues