GEN. 2 FORD RAPTOR OVER KILL OR JUST RIGHT ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a cattle farmer and land steward in west Georgia. The Raptor is the PERFECT truck for me and everything I do . I will NEVER be without one of these trucks as long as I live lol ... spend a lot of time offroad , checking pastures and feeding up . This has been the wettest winter in my lifetime and I have absolutely thrashed this truck and still haven't been stuck one time yet .... lots of time on rough dirt roads , but now I can run 45 + mph and its smooth as can be... people can't believe how smooth it is at high speeds off road. I've actually scared a couple of passengers with how comfortable I am hauling ass on dirt roads... great truck! a633fefaff60f67eb7bd5759402d5e2b.jpg375e8f963fef586462f02d6273860184.jpgc3b1afef7d8f14bd716a87bb227f1c00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great looking raptor !

Nice to see a raptor being used for what it was built for !

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you seem REALLY stuck on this theme....

NOT really. The thread was started with a particular purpose and I just was curious to see how raptors on the east coast where actually used, and they are used the way I thought, trophy trucks. Not all, but most. A lot of people who purchased raptors on the east coast could have gotten by just as well with a platinum or king ranch, or even a XLT Lariet for $ 10,000.00 to $ 15,000.00 less.

I'LL be checking out a LX 570 tomorrow.

RichSC

Reaction score
Colorado front range here, and so far the truck has spent much of its time on pavement, either commuting to/from work or into the mountains to snowboard. It will definitely be taken on off road trails though and I intend to take it west to Moab this summer and further south to find some desert roads to f*ck around on.

Primary reason for buying it though: because I can and wanted one. Shouldn't need much more reason than that IMO. Love the way the truck looks, interior and what it's capable of.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a pavement pounder. Don't make any excuses about it. Love it. Great truck. Sure it works good in the desert. It 4 wheels decent also, ie. Moab type stuff. I really enjoy just cruising. Great everyday commuter. Creature comforts are nice.

I guess I am a little confused on the "use it for what it is intended for" stigma also. Just like what was posted above, many hyper cars are never driven to even a fraction of their potential. Nothing wrong with having one and just enjoying cruising in it. I am all for the Raptor owners that run them hard in the desert. Also have no issues with just the everyday mall crawler either. Pimp em out however you like.

If I want to run desert I get my grins out of this.

IMG_1429_zpstxxuu18t.jpg

4 wheeling, this.

IMG_4529_zpsfa9432e4.jpg

Sam

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...A lot of people who purchased raptors on the east coast could have gotten by just as well with a platinum or king ranch, or even a XLT Lariet for $ 10,000.00 to $ 15,000.00 less...

You’re pathetic. I could have “gotten by” with no ******* truck. I don’t even particularly like trucks because of the almost universal ******** drivers (not necessarily owners) on the road. I drive and race my cars and bikes. I bought this particular truck because I happened to be in OKC over a weekend with nothing to do, so I stopped by the Ford dealer to look at the new GT350 and left with the Raptor. I still hate ******* trucks. All except the one I have. It is shitload of fun, fits the wife, the grandkids and their toys, one of my other toys (bike) in the bed and will still out run the majority of the dimwits on the road and many on the track. WTF you say? It’s an “off-road” truck? Well who are you to give a shit what I buy? Exactly, NO ONE. You know, I do run mine off road quite a bit, not in the western US.

I also eat sushi and sometimes pizza with a f*cking fork, I drive my f*cking Prius at top speed on the (OMG) highway, passing f*ckwits left and right. I really love to drive my 5mpg RV with a big v-10 at 75 mph (top speed limited) with the on-board generator running for extra air conditioning while cooking food on the propane stove.

Have you had a heart attack and died yet? No? Well f*ck. Maybe next time.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re pathetic. I could have “gotten by” with no ******* truck. I don’t even particularly like trucks because of the almost universal ******** drivers (not necessarily owners) on the road. I drive and race my cars and bikes. I bought this particular truck because I happened to be in OKC over a weekend with nothing to do, so I stopped by the Ford dealer to look at the new GT350 and left with the Raptor. I still hate ******* trucks. All except the one I have. It is shitload of fun, fits the wife, the grandkids and their toys, one of my other toys (bike) in the bed and will still out run the majority of the dimwits on the road and many on the track. WTF you say? It’s an “off-road” truck? Well who are you to give a shit what I buy? Exactly, NO ONE. You know, I do run mine off road quite a bit, not in the western US.

I also eat sushi and sometimes pizza with a f*cking fork, I drive my f*cking Prius at top speed on the (OMG) highway, passing f*ckwits left and right. I really love to drive my 5mpg RV with a big v-10 at 75 mph (top speed limited) with the on-board generator running for extra air conditioning while cooking food on the propane stove.

Have you had a heart attack and died yet? No? Well f*ck. Maybe next time.

I see everything is doing well in GOOD OLE VA. I'm looking forward to 2020. can not wait.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says the guy who's going to buy a $90K SUV.

THE LX 570 is first on the list. I WILL also be looking at a F 150 platinum and a King Ranch.

With what just came out about Ford cheating on their ranger emissions I am not impressed.