GEN. 2 FORD RAPTOR OVER KILL OR JUST RIGHT ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild Card

Reaction score
I too live in Maine and have had many trucks from GM & Ford of all sizes. I’ve had a few Corvettes and a Roush 427R Mustang and got tired of parking my sports cars 7 months a year. I traded in my tuned diesel F350 to get the comfort, maneuverability and easier access of the Raptor. After a year of ownership I can tell you I consider my Raptor to be a four season sports car. It is the ultimate vehicle for Maine. Keep it, enjoy it and don’t turn back.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can tell you I consider my Raptor to be a four season sports car. It is the ultimate vehicle for Maine. Keep it, enjoy it and don’t turn back.

I had a cow-orker from ME. He characterized the Maine climate for me this way just be for I went there for vacation one year.

“Maine. 9 months of winter and 3 months of damn poor sledding.”

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too live in Maine and have had many trucks from GM & Ford of all sizes. I’ve had a few Corvettes and a Roush 427R Mustang and got tired of parking my sports cars 7 months a year. I traded in my tuned diesel F350 to get the comfort, maneuverability and easier access of the Raptor. After a year of ownership I can tell you I consider my Raptor to be a four season sports car. It is the ultimate vehicle for Maine. Keep it, enjoy it and don’t turn back.

I agree, a 4 season sports car and the ultimate vehicle for Maine is the truth!!!!!!!

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we should put together a date and get as many raptors at that off road park that @xrocket21 posted. good to see some fellow north easterners. my raptor is in north woods maine or NH just about every single weekend during sled season.

love this quote!!
"I consider my Raptor to be a four season sports car. It is the ultimate vehicle for Maine"

hawk14414

Reaction score
Another Mainer checking in here. I just picked up my 2018 Screw last week. Long story, but Ford bought back my '17 Lariat due to consistent cam chain tensioner issues, which allowed me to upgrade to a Raptor. Got a great deal on the '18, plus Ford reimbursed me full MSRP for my 2017 after I put 50,600 miles on it. The Raptor is an impressive vehicle - much more fun than my Lariat was (it had the 3.5EB). I have a place in Rangeley, and I'm looking forward to putting the Raptor through it's paces on the miles and miles of logging roads in that area.

I've had a multitude of sports cars in my life, including Audis and Porsches - describing the Raptor as a "four season sports car" is spot on.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
we should put together a date and get as many raptors at that off road park that @xrocket21 posted. good to see some fellow north easterners. my raptor is in north woods maine or NH just about every single weekend during sled season.

love this quote!!
"I consider my Raptor to be a four season sports car. It is the ultimate vehicle for Maine"

I am planning already to pick a date this spring/summer to plan to go up and invite a bunch of people. Maybe meet in Augusta and caravan up, I dunno, I havent figured out the details. there is camping on site, or on my lawn as well, with some minor wheeling available by my house.

BobbyP33

Reaction score
How is it driving around and parking in nyc? Do you have to put a lot more effort into finding parking garages that are tall enough and even wide enough for the truck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk