GEN. 2 FORD RAPTOR OVER KILL OR JUST RIGHT ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troll thread, it's official

Not a troll thread at all. If it was a troll thread I would not have thanked you for the information you gave me on the off road course. The other thing you have to remember is I did not start this thread with negative comments about the raptor, in fact just the opposite, I have commented numerous times how I think the raptor is the best half ton truck for a number of reasons.

So no, this is not a troll thread. Just a thread to see how people on the east coast utilize their raptors. I have learned a lot from the different comments thus far and it has helped me to make up my mind on ownership of the raptor. And your input has been much appreciated. Especially being from maine.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I didn’t realize that existed. I will definitely give it a try in the LX 570. Just left the website. Again, thank you very much for the info.

In response to your “ Maine is extremely rural”, 30 years ago I would agree with you. Today, no way. Kittery to Augusta is very congested and 75 percent of the states population exists there and down the route 1 sea coast. In reality Maine is just a extension of Massachusetts. Matter of fact Maine would be better off becoming part of Massachusetts, we would certainly benefit financially as far as government funding and incoming new businesses to help create jobs and drive up family salaries, which are terrible in Maine.

Maine a rural state ? Yep , you sure would not know by how liberal our Maine government is. I have no doubt in 2020 Maine will back either Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth warren for president.
You wasted our time as you posted here that you just bought a 100k SUV but your thread title is Raptor over kill. Please do us a favor and don’t respond and get off the Raptor forms as you don’t have one.
#wasteoftime

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@fordza_1 might be right... I think were getting SASQUATCHED here
Y’all are right. I’m off this thread. I wish I could get back the 20 minuets of my life.

Side note, I was not surprised by the ones that replied that have not been off-road and have no interest. I met 2 here in Texas last week like that. But for me, I get an itch and go into the ditch after stranded motorist to pull them out just to”off road” during a dry spell I’m having.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a troll thread at all. If it was a troll thread I would not have thanked you for the information you gave me on the off road course. The other thing you have to remember is I did not start this thread with negative comments about the raptor, in fact just the opposite, I have commented numerous times how I think the raptor is the best half ton truck for a number of reasons.

So no, this is not a troll thread. Just a thread to see how people on the east coast utilize their raptors. I have learned a lot from the different comments thus far and it has helped me to make up my mind on ownership of the raptor. And your input has been much appreciated. Especially being from maine.

troll thread because more than once you have insisted souther maine is basically massachusetts, and that we should basically just be part of mass. Nobody who has lived in maine for more than a day would say that without knowing it is untrue and inflammatory. Youre clearly just trying to get a reaction.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We same the same thing in NH, if you live south of the toll booth it’s northern Massachusetts lol. As far as this post goes, it’s just not the right ride for this guy. Buy what ya enjoy and be happy.

David Seip

Reaction score
So I have a 2010 Raptor with a 6.2 L motor. I wouldn't swap my 6.2 for any motor it's a horse it pulls my toy hauler ( which I had to add airbags for the tongue load ) I still get 16 1/2 miles to the gallon city driving and about 17 or 18 miles to the gallon highway pulling the camper I get 12 1/2 to 13 miles to the gallon. 172,000 miles Hunting, hill climbing, mud running, beach driving, Things I've replaced spark plugs one time brakes three or four times tires three or four times, Replaced the Gen. 1 rear shocks with Gen. 2 rear shocks, all 8 coils. nit bad for a 9 yr old truck. I will pull the Engine, Trans, Transfer case for. rebuild at 200,000 miles, my old steely is my love!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have a 2010 Raptor with a 6.2 L motor. I wouldn't swap my 6.2 for any motor it's a horse it pulls my toy hauler ( which I had to add airbags for the tongue load ) I still get 16 1/2 miles to the gallon city driving and about 17 or 18 miles to the gallon highway pulling the camper I get 12 1/2 to 13 miles to the gallon. 172,000 miles Hunting, hill climbing, mud running, beach driving, Things I've replaced spark plugs one time brakes three or four times tires three or four times, Replaced the Gen. 1 rear shocks with Gen. 2 rear shocks, all 8 coils. nit bad for a 9 yr old truck. I will pull the Engine, Trans, Transfer case for. rebuild at 200,000 miles, my old steely is my love!

That's terrific!

RaptorAndy2018

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive mine like a sports car on the road, and what its meant for; through streams, fields, and gravel pits on all the back country roads, gas pipeline service roads, and limited access roads in OH, KY, PA, and WV during hunting season. It's also awesome in blizzards when you drive through 2 feet of snow and around all the stuck vehicles. This truck checks all the right boxes and never gives up. Only downfall is limited payload and towing capacity; however, it wasn't built for that.