Gen 2 Equipment Groups/Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexFx2

Reaction score
Looking into purchasing a Gen 2 Raptor towards the end of the year.

I currently have a '12 F150 SCREW FX2, Ecoboost powered with FX Luxury pack. My first big boy purchase after making a couple of bucks after college.
For those that don't know the FX Luxury Pack includes: Dual climate control and AC/heated leather seats amongst other things. The main options/features which stick out to me regarding the interior (Dual climate + AC/Heated leather seats). I understand and sometimes see the reflected price differences per the equipment group on used trucks.

Regarding Gen 2 Raptor 801A and 802A equipment groups my concern is the difference between the two. The heated/ventilated leather seats and dual climate control amongst other things.

Do current Gen 2 owners with or without these options wish or can do without the options I've spoken about above? I know it varies on personal taste and where one may live.

All responses are appreciated.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 802A package. Here in GA in the summer I would be very unhappy without the ventilated seats. The heated steering wheel is pretty sweet in the winter as well.

OP
OP
AlexFx2

AlexFx2

Reaction score
Thank you.
I live in FL so I can relate to the summer. Winter not so much.......

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ok, my last 4 wheel new vehicle before the Rap was 2006 and in the late ’16 market place, you were lucky to find an 801a and then I got the shock of all the dealers infatuated with over msrp prices. 802a trucks fully decked were everywhere for anywhere from $2000 over to $25k over.

I figured I’d look for what I wanted and not what was available. Fail.
My truck was sans hood graphics, carbon fiber and the orange accent trim. I thought for sure I’d never use a lot of the bells and whistles.

moonroof - I won’t do again. have not had problems <knock wood> but I don’t use it or benefit from it enough to justify it.

heated rear seats. I have remote start that warms the truck fully and comfortably. none of my passengers have ever used it. it was only like a buck fifty.

heated steering wheel. much as I hate to admit it, when it’s cold, I rather like it.

dual climate. I’ve had that since 2006. Used it for the first time this past week when my wife was cold and I wasn’t. meh.

heated / cooled seats: I like them.

adaptive cruise: I like this too. I’d probably opt for it again.
lane keep assist: I like it, and it does knock a few bucks off insurance per year.

tailgate step: hell yeah. it’s inexpensive and damn useful. doubles as a monopod / rifle rest. Not stable enough for full auto though.

360 camera: will definitely do again.

good luck!

OP
OP
AlexFx2

AlexFx2

Reaction score
ok, my last 4 wheel new vehicle before the Rap was 2006 and in the late ’16 market place, you were lucky to find an 801a and then I got the shock of all the dealers infatuated with over msrp prices. 802a trucks fully decked were everywhere for anywhere from $2000 over to $25k over.

I figured I’d look for what I wanted and not what was available. Fail.
My truck was sans hood graphics, carbon fiber and the orange accent trim. I thought for sure I’d never use a lot of the bells and whistles.

moonroof - I won’t do again. have not had problems <knock wood> but I don’t use it or benefit from it enough to justify it.

heated rear seats. I have remote start that warms the truck fully and comfortably. none of my passengers have ever used it. it was only like a buck fifty.

heated steering wheel. much as I hate to admit it, when it’s cold, I rather like it.

dual climate. I’ve had that since 2006. Used it for the first time this past week when my wife was cold and I wasn’t. meh.

heated / cooled seats: I like them.

adaptive cruise: I like this too. I’d probably opt for it again.
lane keep assist: I like it, and it does knock a few bucks off insurance per year.

tailgate step: hell yeah. it’s inexpensive and damn useful. doubles as a monopod / rifle rest. Not stable enough for full auto though.

360 camera: will definitely do again.

good luck!

Thank you for the input.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you.
I live in FL so I can relate to the summer. Winter not so much.......

I'm in Florida as well, Tampa area. Trust me, you want the 802A package. The ventilated seats are a lifesaver this time of year. Having had them on my last 2 vehicles, I'd never buy another one without them. I'd also highly recommend the Raptor Technology Package. I was on the fence about it, but I find that I actually really like the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist, and the rain-sensing wipers are a nice convenience as well. Heated rear seats I could take or leave, hardly ever have backseat passengers. The heated steering wheel is nice during January and February.

OP
OP
AlexFx2

AlexFx2

Reaction score
I'm in Florida as well, Tampa area. Trust me, you want the 802A package. The ventilated seats are a lifesaver this time of year. Having had them on my last 2 vehicles, I'd never buy another one without them. I'd also highly recommend the Raptor Technology Package. I was on the fence about it, but I find that I actually really like the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist, and the rain-sensing wipers are a nice convenience as well. Heated rear seats I could take or leave, hardly ever have backseat passengers. The heated steering wheel is nice during January and February.

Thank you.

The more I think about it and look at trucks, the more I learn towards 802A pack. Tech pack is going to be an added bonus for me pending whats on the market and price towards the end of the year. I can see how it is appealing however.

Regarding the ventilated seats; I enjoy them in my truck majority of the FL year. My brother has them in his Jeep. He says he wears gym shorts when possible to enjoy AC seats, lol.
I agree however, I enjoy mine with whatever pants I am wearing.

Dadio 1966

Reaction score
I was given advice a long time ago. If you settle, you will not be happy. Works for almost every aspect of life. Other one is, it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. 802A all the way!

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im stealing smurfslayers post so I can put my 2 cents in lazily

2018 802A with most of the optional add ons. I live in Florida

Panoramic sunroof - love it. I use it every day. If i'm not running A/C, i roll down all the windows (including the rear bed window) and crack the sunroof. Perfect amount of airflow - not aggressive, but keeps air moving.

heated rear seats - not much use here. My f350 had them when I lived in Alaska and they were used daily. I could definitely live without them in florida.

Heated Steering Wheel - Love it. I loved it in Alaska, and I love it now even though there are very few times I get to use it. Mornings typically.

Dual Climate - Depends on your situation. Im married to a wife that likes hot and i prefer cool/cold. I will always have dual climate control.

Heated / cooled seats - I literally dont drive without the cooled seats on. The heated seats dont do me any good down here. I used them a lot in my f350 in Alaska though.

Adaptive Cruise: It has its place and time. I use it when traffic is minimal which is rare where I am at. I could live without it but it definitely is handy.

lane keep assist: I have it turned off.

tailgate step: Yep. Worth it.

360 camera: Definitely worth it. I thought it was gimmicky at first but it is handy.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802 all the way. I scoffed at a heated steering wheel. LOVE it. I scoffed at heated/cooled seats. Cant live without it. Kindof agree about the moonroof tho, I really haven't used it, BUT, if I want to, there it is. (had zero issues with it) All in all, I agree with Dadio, don't settle. Get it all. You are going to Love your new Truck.