Gen 2 Equipment Groups/Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon D

Reaction score
I went from a ‘15 Lariat 502a to a ‘19 Raptor 801a with Navi added. I love this truck but...

Things I miss (in order of importance to me):
Easy entry (or whatever it’s called) and push button start. I still sometimes forget that I need to use the fob unlock button when I try to get into the truck.

BLIS: had to re-train myself to check blind spots.

Dual automated climate control: setting fan speed and temp gets old after a while.

Ventilated seats: I’m in Florida too but only used them occasionally.

My next raptor will be an 802a for sure (in 5-8 years).

No Clue

Reaction score
On my '18 I had the tech pkg and carbon fiber. IMO they aren't worth the $3,000. I didn't like the way lane assist got involved when I changed lanes without using the signal. I also didn't like the adaptive cruise control. I prefer to be a proactive driver and use my signal only when there's traffic around me and I pay attention to slower traveling vehicles in front of me.
The carbon fiber looks nice, but it's not $1,000 nice, besides my dogs slobber all over the rear door trim.
That $3,000 can go towards other things; LineX, off-road lighting, etc..
My '19 doesn't have those options. I have 802, sunroof, tailgate step and forged wheels.
I would have preferred cloth seats but the radio/Nav, larger screen, front drive train, spot lights, etc. and there's some stuff you can't add separately and are forced into 802.
The sunroof is great going through slot canyons and you want to see the beauty above.
The tail gate step is a must if you've got any sort of back pain or other issues where a step can help you.
Forged wheels are stronger than cast and are great if you like to go fast over rough and/or rocky terrain.