Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.5 EB HO does not need weep holes in its intercooler and its wastegates are state of the art.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
idk why there is so much fuss, as a gen 1 owner i think the gen 2 looks great and is most definitly upgrade over a gen 1, however the gen 1 is still an extremely sexy truck with great performance. with a few mods (super charger, bump stop, 3.0s all around) the gen 1 can have similar performance to a gen 2.
so you can either sell ur gen 1 and buy a gen 2 or you could spend about 12k worth of mods on ur gen 1 and avoid the hassle

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
idk why there is so much fuss, as a gen 1 owner i think the gen 2 looks great and is most definitly upgrade over a gen 1, however the gen 1 is still an extremely sexy truck with great performance. with a few mods (super charger, bump stop, 3.0s all around) the gen 1 can have similar performance to a gen 2.
so you can either sell ur gen 1 and buy a gen 2 or you could spend about 12k worth of mods on ur gen 1 and avoid the hassle

We don't all feel the same way, we don't need to either, if we did there wouldn't be the many various automotive options that there are.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FFS you don't need a supercharger to match a G2.

2017 screw ~5800lbs
450/5800= .077

2010-14 screw ~6200lbs
480/6200= .077

It's literally that easy.

Headers, tune, and if you are feeling froggy a set of 4.56s to seal the deal.

Edit: AND 3.0s... so we can avoid the incoming strawman.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FFS you don't need a supercharger to match a G2.

2017 screw ~5800lbs
450/5800= .077

2010-14 screw ~6200lbs
480/6200= .077

It's literally that easy.

Headers, tune, and if you are feeling froggy a set of 4.56s to seal the deal.

Edit: AND 3.0s... so we can avoid the incoming strawman.

Don't bother, bro. Jennies don't do math.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't bother, bro. Jennies don't do math.
Yeah brah. Just don't bother with these Jennies. Everybody knows that the old, heavy, cumbersome, slow truck is better than the new, very nimble, incredibly fast super truck. So much better.

These Jennies, such Jennifer's.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah brah. Just don't bother with these Jennies. Everybody knows that the old, heavy, cumbersome, slow truck is better than the new, very nimble, incredibly fast super truck. So much better.

These Jennies, such Jennifer's.

I mean the new one is only a few hundred lbs lighter and hasn't felt any more nimble the couple of times I've driven it, it's only a little more powerful, it's a factory truck not exactly an incredibly fast super truck. It really isn't very difficult to make a gen 1 every bit as quick and then some. My gen 1 is definitely faster off-road than the gen 2 that I've had my hands on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean the new one is only a few hundred lbs lighter and hasn't felt any more nimble the couple of times I've driven it, it's only a little more powerful, it's a factory truck not exactly an incredibly fast super truck. It really isn't very difficult to make a gen 1 every bit as quick and then some. My gen 1 is definitely faster off-road than the gen 2 that I've had my hands on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sure, but then we seem to forget you can modify a twin turbo to go much faster. Just wait until they go crazy with the mods on this engine, there's no way up keep up.