New (highly modded) Gen 1 Owner in AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AZDezRat

AZDezRat

Reaction score
Welcome to the Raptor club! Nice rig.... plenty of desert goodies on it to work in our harsh environment. I live here in AZ too(Scottsdale)....I
see the bike... you ride up in the north valley?
Yeah, it took the beast out yesterday to an area near me (Rainbow Valley) and beat on it pretty hard, even got airborne a couple times, haha. Turns out a wrap 'desert stripes' even easier than paint, lol. The truck is impressive offroad, in about any condition that it'll actually fit in - it's about 92" wide, and has an atrocious turning radius - so, those will be the limiting factor for sure...

And, yes, I ride all over the place, usually out at Boulders/MM - but I get over to Wildcat/Rio Verde, Sycamore, Prescott, Flag, etc. Also, I've racing AMRA since February. Good times!

toggle1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Im jealous. Lol. Someday I plan on Superchargering mine. I going with Roush stage 2. Don't wanna get to crazy as my track record with my mustangs isn't good. Lol

If you want a blower, you better buy it sooner than later. Roush doesn't even have the 6.2L capable supercharger listed on their webpage anymore. Its been gone for a while. They claim its because they are so short on parts, that they would rather not even list it anymore but they plan to bring it back later in the year or in 2022. You would think that if they did plan to restock the parts, they would keep the product page up though... my guess is that it may be gone for good.

Whipple and other raptor SC makers all have crazy lead times as well.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all - just picked up this bad a$$ machine last Friday! This would be my first pickup truck ever - I've had a '98 Jeep XJ (for 20 years), '06 4-Runner (V8), '78 Scout and a '77 Bronco (and a bunch of cars), but this is the first full sized truck. I just needed something that could tow 10k lb, so started looking at trucks, and just didn't find anything appealing except the Gen 1 Raptors (I was not impressed by the Gen 2 motor, at all...). In any case, I found this one on eBay @ a dealer in San Antonio. As soon as I saw what it was and what had been done to it, I flew right out and got it, and drove it here to AZ. I won't say how much I paid for it, but suffice to say, it was less than just the aftermarket parts, LOL!

It's a 2013, has the dark blue metallic paint under that wrap, and about 27k mi. Thing is in perfect shape.

Some of the upgrades include:

Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger
Baer Front & Rear Brakes
RPG 1/2" Tie Rods, LCA's, UCA's
RPG Gen1 RST18 Rear Frame
RPG Stage 3 Rear Suspension, Deaver +3 SD
Fox 2.5 x 4.0 Hydro Bumps
Fox 3.5 x 16 5-tube Rear Shocks
Fox 3.0 Factory Coil Over Front Shocks
Fox Front Secondary Shocks
Toyo Open Coutry M/T, 37x13.5x17, 5x
Fuel Trophy 17" Wheels, 5x
American Racing Headers Full Exhaust
Fusion Front Bumper
Fusion Rear Bumper
BD ONX Lights

So, this thing is a beast. And, I will make 100% use of it here in the desert. Not sure it ever saw dirt before I got it, but it has, and will continue to regularly under my ownership.

Look forward to conversing with y'all! I already have some questions, and will start posting forthwith.

View attachment 317995

View attachment 317996

View attachment 317997
Congrats my man, that is one dope rig!! The KTM in the bed is the perfect added touch to an already perfect Raptor!! Have fun kicking up some dirt!

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice bro...tell me about the supercharger...I may get one
What would you like to know? I have the stage 2 from whipple on my 6.2. I don't know what exactly this guy's truck is running but it looks like the larger pulley and the smaller throttle body from mine.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Hey! New too, but love the truck, also saw it for sale and had to admire it online a few times! Definitely a beast.