Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure, but then we seem to forget you can modify a twin turbo to go much faster. Just wait until they go crazy with the mods on this engine, there's no way up keep up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not forgetting anything, off-road that peak power you're talking about really doesn't add up to much, which is why you have that N/A gen 1 pulling on the gen 2 in that sand drag. Trophy trucks could be much more powerful than they are but there just isn't really any need.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah brah. Just don't bother with these Jennies. Everybody knows that the old, heavy, cumbersome, slow truck is better than the new, very nimble, incredibly fast super truck. So much better.

These Jennies, such Jennifer's.

Hey man, my intent isn't to take anything away from the G2 or to make the G1 out to be any more than it is - only that it is my opinion that they aren't as far apart as some might think.

I agree that the cheap power potential goes to the G2 but I think peak potential on either truck is limited by off road use - i.e. If for arguments sake, MPI squeezes 700bhp out of the G2 (just spitballing best case) on 93 & **** with a tune and modest upgrades (FMIC, DP, charge piping, etc) that will be a street only number. The load factors in the dirt are vastly different than on the road so for safety sake that peak number will have to be pulled back some.

My point on that ^^ is simply that even though cheap peak power goes to the G2, BOTH trucks will be somewhat limited from a peak power perspective unless serious money is spent.

My guess is that both trucks are looking at 600ish as the ceiling for usable power in the dirt. I acknowledge that at the same power, the edge still goes to the G2 because of weight, but you guys haven't really started bolting stuff on. Everybody slows down when the rucks go on.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey man, my intent isn't to take anything away from the G2 or to make the G1 out to be any more than it is - only that it is my opinion that they aren't as far apart as some might think.

I agree that the cheap power potential goes to the G2 but I think peak potential on either truck is limited by off road use - i.e. If for arguments sake, MPI squeezes 700bhp out of the G2 (just spitballing best case) on 93 & **** with a tune and modest upgrades (FMIC, DP, charge piping, etc) that will be a street only number. The load factors in the dirt are vastly different than on the road so for safety sake that peak number will have to be pulled back some.

My point on that ^^ is simply that even though cheap peak power goes to the G2, BOTH trucks will be somewhat limited from a peak power perspective unless serious money is spent.

My guess is that both trucks are looking at 600ish as the ceiling for usable power in the dirt. I acknowledge that at the same power, the edge still goes to the G2 because of weight, but you guys haven't really started bolting stuff on. Everybody slows down when the rucks go on.
Yeah fair enough. Makes sense!

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FFS you don't need a supercharger to match a G2.

2017 screw ~5800lbs
450/5800= .077

2010-14 screw ~6200lbs
480/6200= .077

It's literally that easy.

Headers, tune, and if you are feeling froggy a set of 4.56s to seal the deal.

Edit: AND 3.0s... so we can avoid the incoming strawman.

The problem is, it's really not that easy. You are not taking gearing and power curves into consideration.

I am in no way trying to say a 450hp G2 is as fast as a 700hp G1...I think the fact that it's on the dirt masks a lot of the power deficiencies, but there is more than the simple power to weight ratio.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem is, it's really not that easy. You are not taking gearing and power curves into consideration.

I am in no way trying to say a 450hp G2 is as fast as a 700hp G1...I think the fact that it's on the dirt masks a lot of the power deficiencies, but there is more than the simple power to weight ratio.

I don't disagree.

Regardless, given that we have all seen the videos, neither the power curve nor the gearing has proven to be an insurmountable advantage.

I'm not here to argue minutiae, my point still stands. There is in reality a 10k difference in cost new to new - for that 10k delta you can very easily put a G1 into G2 territory wrt off road prowess and straight line performance.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree.

Regardless, given that we have all seen the videos, neither the power curve nor the gearing has proven to be an insurmountable advantage.

I'm not here to argue minutiae, my point still stands. There is in reality a 10k difference in cost new to new - for that 10k delta you can very easily put a G1 into G2 territory wrt off road prowess and straight line performance.

I'll generally agree....but you need about an additional 30k to make that interior nicer :party36:

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
Why is this a continuous Gen1 vs. Gen2. They are both awesome. Gen2 has made some improvements (why wouldn't they). Gen1 will always have its spot in history as the first Baja Street Legal car. Gen2 is better than Gen1, it's a fact. Gen 3 will be better than Gen2 and Gen1.

Gen1 guys really need to get over this insecurity. We all need to respect each vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Gen1 vs Gen2 bitching is so entertaining!! I don't know why the rest of you are bickering about it?!? Either read it and laugh, or don't and move along!

I, for one, drove the Gen2 (only on pavement) and wasn't impressed. I love the new interior, electronics and some of the new technology, but over all, I'll stick with my Gen1. No other reason but that BIG motheref-ing engine!! And I prefer the 6-speed over a 10-speed. 10-speeds are great for highway cruising and mall-crawling (really?) but useless as shit for what this truck was made for. So I'll be fine without.

As for the "Gen3 will be better than Gen2 will be better than Gen 1" - I completely agree, it should be as such!! The Gen2 is FAAAAAR better when it comes to the interior. Absolutely no comparison. But why put a little ***** pump in there instead of a real motor? That's pretty much what all us Gen1-ers are disappointed about.

Imagine if the Gen3 that comes out in 202- whenever, has a 'higher performing' quad-turbo-ed I4 with 490 HP, 12 speed transmission with 6 overdrive gears just in case you can't cruise long enough, and a NASA space-grade high strength tin-foil body that decreases overall weight by another 400 lbs!! I mean, hey, it's FAR better than your Gen2 on paper, but doesn't this sound like a ************* truck??

I can get over the aluminum body and the 10 speed, but I just can't deal with a V6 in such a BIG truck. A truck that's meant to be pushed to the limits!! I would just be shit-scared of being stranded in the middle of nowhere because a 'flange' broke. :biggrin:

With a Super-Turbo-charged half liter single cyclinder motor producing 540 HP, requiring no transmission, made of adamantium-grade egg-shells and weighing in less than your wife and unborn child combined, comes the ALL-NEW 2027 Generation 4 Ford Raptor!! For princesses and fairies alike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc