Gen 2 vs Gen 1 Frame Durability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have had my 19 Gen 2 for a while and starting to get more and more into the offroad scene, i have jumped my truck and pushed it to what i believe its limit (Baby Jumps).

i wanted to ask, how durable are these Gen 2 frame? Does anyone have any specific details of what areas the Gen 2 frame recieved in terms of durability upgrades vs a Gen 1 or a regular F150 (i.e shock towers, mid frame reinforcements)?

The truck is completely stock and not sure what the truck limits is. How easy is it to bend the frames on the Gen 2? Can you jump this truck constantly with the stock bump pads and not have to worry?

Just wanted to get a clear picture. It would be cool to see if anyone has a pic like the Gen 3 frame attached for the Gen 2 to see what specific durability upgrades it recieved.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2021_F-150-Raptor_40.jpeg
    2021_F-150-Raptor_40.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 31

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's generally considered bad form to start two identical threads in two different sub forums. And then bumping a no-answer thread in one forum when the thread is live in the other? That's not a move in the right direction. Maybe you could consider deleting it instead.

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want a pic like that? Sure I got you

Attachments

• HEADER-and-FOOTER-FORD-MOTOR-COMPANY.jpg
    HEADER-and-FOOTER-FORD-MOTOR-COMPANY.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 47