New (highly modded) Gen 1 Owner in AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZDezRat

Reaction score
Hello all - just picked up this bad a$$ machine last Friday! This would be my first pickup truck ever - I've had a '98 Jeep XJ (for 20 years), '06 4-Runner (V8), '78 Scout and a '77 Bronco (and a bunch of cars), but this is the first full sized truck. I just needed something that could tow 10k lb, so started looking at trucks, and just didn't find anything appealing except the Gen 1 Raptors (I was not impressed by the Gen 2 motor, at all...). In any case, I found this one on eBay @ a dealer in San Antonio. As soon as I saw what it was and what had been done to it, I flew right out and got it, and drove it here to AZ. I won't say how much I paid for it, but suffice to say, it was less than just the aftermarket parts, LOL!

It's a 2013, has the dark blue metallic paint under that wrap, and about 27k mi. Thing is in perfect shape.

Some of the upgrades include:

Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger
Baer Front & Rear Brakes
RPG 1/2" Tie Rods, LCA's, UCA's
RPG Gen1 RST18 Rear Frame
RPG Stage 3 Rear Suspension, Deaver +3 SD
Fox 2.5 x 4.0 Hydro Bumps
Fox 3.5 x 16 5-tube Rear Shocks
Fox 3.0 Factory Coil Over Front Shocks
Fox Front Secondary Shocks
Toyo Open Coutry M/T, 37x13.5x17, 5x
Fuel Trophy 17" Wheels, 5x
American Racing Headers Full Exhaust
Fusion Front Bumper
Fusion Rear Bumper
BD ONX Lights

So, this thing is a beast. And, I will make 100% use of it here in the desert. Not sure it ever saw dirt before I got it, but it has, and will continue to regularly under my ownership.

Look forward to conversing with y'all! I already have some questions, and will start posting forthwith.

202104-3ba74e95f0d94fae806a99934fb43165.jpg

202104-dccb3b32d6e64b27aa495c50eacc632b.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

13RanchRaptor

Reaction score
I love that truck! I came very, very close to buying it. Ended up getting another, somewhat similar 2013 (Minus the blower & wrap). And, yes, there was no expense spared in building that beautiful, baja capable raptor. Congrats and enjoy.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Gen 1. Good luck with the truck. I doubt if you will be able to tow 10k. 2013 is only rated to tow 6 to 8 thousand.

OP
OP
AZDezRat

AZDezRat

Reaction score
Nice bro...tell me about the supercharger...I may get one
Well, I've had it for less than a week, and I dont have anything to compare it to (ie, I did not drive it before the SC), so not much to say about it except that it's fing awesome! I'm Only seeing 8-10mpg tho, so that's something... Haha. Love the big power and all the great SC noises - bout all I can say about it at this point.

OP
OP
AZDezRat

AZDezRat

Reaction score
Nice Gen 1. Good luck with the truck. I doubt if you will be able to tow 10k. 2013 is only rated to tow 6 to 8 thousand.
Eh, that rating was stock (and very conservative, as per usual). It makes 400+ RW torque from pretty much idle all the way up, has Deavers and hydro bumps. It'll do 10k all day.