GBrown 1867 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as so many have already said, I'm glad your passenger and you made it through with only minor bumps and bruises. Rollovers, regardless of the vehicle, are a very traumatic experience. The mental shock is absolutely as real as the physical shock. So hang in there, get some rest and don't push the recovery too fast.

When the time is right, I'm sure there are some lessons to be learned (for the rest of us) on the how and why the accident occurred.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The damage is not that bad considering 3 rolls and in very rough terrain. That cage did a great job protecting you. Thanks for the info on in cab projectiles make me think about what I want to do to avoid that.

By the way how did the stuff in the bed do it looks like very well in terms of spare tires and stuff.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but its good everyone is ok. I hope you get the opportunity to rebuild it, I've always liked your truck from what I saw over the Internet and videos.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can definitely see how the cage protected you and the codriver. It's one of those items you hope you never need. Glad your ok.
Thank you for sharing and providing the rest of us with some education. I'm sure none of us leave for a Raptor Run thinking, I think I'll roll my truck today. Shit happens, we have to prepare for it and do our best to prevent it.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's nothing worse than hearing on the radio "Gordon Rolled!!!" as we're a few miles ahead at that point. Heading back to the scene you try your best not to make a mistake that makes you another "incident" but it's hard when the adrenaline starts flowing!

One part Gordon didn't mention... when he rolled, his roof antenna snapped off. He immediately tried calling us for help as soon as they rolled, but his radio didn't transmit far enough for use to hear it... as we continued to head on ahead not knowing what happened.

The last truck in the group, Bob and Sharyn, had MIRACULOUSLY managed to stop about 30 yards away, as they needed an "urgent, can't wait any longer" bathroom break that was just within yelling distance. As she got out, she told Bob she thought she heard voices (which was Gordon, yelling for help down the hill) and Bob turned over his shoulder to see Gordon's truck at the bottom of the embankment.

Crazy coincidence that helped us all realize what happened... without that happening, we may have made it to the pavement in Baker before realizing Gordon was missing. Pretty scary thought, especially if injuries had been involved.

We were thrilled to find Gordon and Mike both walking around, seemingly fine. Took everybody a while to decompress before the recovery plan was put in place... luckily, Connor had trailered RSV-1 to Barstow, so the trailer wasn't far! All in all, an exciting, ******, but "Thankful" Thanksgiving weekend...

Glad you're OK buddy... shit happens.