FSA 21B10 - Cam phaser update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine done yesterday. No issues so far. I have the occasional rattle but i don’t expect this to do much but it is the first step i guess.

2019 scott

Reaction score
This mornings cold start.

View attachment 318477
Sounds like the reflash didn’t do anything for you as expected. The reflash tsb mentions some engines may also have a hot idle knock, does yours do that also? I wonder what the cam phaser is doing that causes a knock at idle? Ford tech one- do you know what would be happening internally in the cam phaser that would cause a knock at idle when the engine is hot???

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No knock when idle... only cold and warm starts sometimes.

I could not really tell, the video was only 8 seconds. The fluttering at the beginning is not the cam phasers that sounds like a wastegate rattle. All the ones I have heard have been a definite roller coaster type clatter.

ktownsensation

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My phasers were done a month ago. No wait on parts truck was in and out of the shop in a few days. Luckily my dealer got it all taken care of for me very quickly. This is even in Canada. So far noise is all gone will see how it goes in another 20km.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could not really tell, the video was only 8 seconds. The fluttering at the beginning is not the cam phasers that sounds like a wastegate rattle. All the ones I have heard have been a definite roller coaster type clatter.
Then you don’t know what the phaser rattle sounds like.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then you don’t know what the phaser rattle sounds like.

Still don't think that is cam phaser rattle, doesn't sound like the other youtube videos I have heard. Definite clang but who am I. I'm sure you can get the local ford dealer to take the cab of your chassis and replace them a few times. Good luck

Sounds like this

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@nikhsub1 Ignore him. It's the same dude that claimed to have a F250, a raptor, a Subaru that could submerged, a JDM silva, was a Subaru ambassador, etc etc. He's come out of the woodwork again. Just google his user name. Clown doesn't know anything.