Front Suspension Rattling Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone had them in stock..first had this noise in our s10.. those had no clips u had to actually bend the little tangs on the pads to hold them tight in the caliper..****** noise!!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It may be a heat shield as I saw a YouTube video about a heat shield causing a rattle. I know it's an old video and on a F150 but I thought it might be worth a look.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be a heat shield as I saw a YouTube video about a heat shield causing a rattle. I know it's an old video and on a F150 but I thought it might be worth a look.

I’d be curious to hear if this is it. I got up under mine and the heat shield was loose. Tightened it down and I still have a rattle. So that wasn’t the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rattle when going over expansion cracks or other similar things, also, while on washboard dirt road it sounds like a ************* truck it's so bad.

It doesn't seem like IWE, it kinds sounds like a lose metal panel, like maybe the skid plate, but I haven't had any luck finding the problem.

OP
OP
Cdcorn1

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
I finally discovered what my rattle was. I was missing a brake pad anti rattle clip. The fix was less than $1 and easy to install. So, every time I went over a small bump the brake pad that was missing the clip would rattle. Sanity has returned!

Last edited: