Front Suspension Rattling Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
Looking for some help/advice. I have the Fox 3.0 shocks and Camburg UCA. There is a very annoying rattle coming from the front driver’s side. Whenever I drive over the reflective bumps on the road it rattles like a can with rocks inside. It’s really bad when drive over the stutter bumps off-roading. I have changed out the bearings in the UCAs and the front sway bar end links thinking one of those would fix it.....nope.

Any ideas? Thanks.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the Fox 3.0 rears too? Those make noise - exactly like you are describing. I know mine do but my fronts are quiet.

OP
OP
Cdcorn1

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
I do. It’s definitely a different sound than the bypass valve(s) opening/closing on the rears. I forgot to mention I have approx. 22K miles and about 18 month on the shocks. Also, about 10K of those are off-road miles in Baja.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know if this helps but I have the Fox 3.0’s and I hear a rattle too. Have heard it from day 1. I did the install and also put in Icon UCAs and new hubs, tie rods, and CV axles. Don’t notice any performance issues but it rattles and I have tightened everything down.

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nclemens

Reaction score
I'm running the same setup on the front minus the Camburg UCA and mine makes the same noise you are describing. It did it before and after I installed the fox 3.0's. I've double checked everything. I ditched the sway bar and it still does it. I'm inclined to think it is related to one of the skid pans. I think there is enough vibration transferred to the truck to make them rattle resulting in the noise we are hearing. I haven't had a chance to take them off and see if it goes away or not so who knows...

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the same setup on the front minus the Camburg UCA and mine makes the same noise you are describing. It did it before and after I installed the fox 3.0's. I've double checked everything. I ditched the sway bar and it still does it. I'm inclined to think it is related to one of the skid pans. I think there is enough vibration transferred to the truck to make them rattle resulting in the noise we are hearing. I haven't had a chance to take them off and see if it goes away or not so who knows...
This is a great thought. And it might be what is causing yours but not mine. I took both skid plates off mine and drove it and it still made the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the anti rattle clips in the master cylinder. I had the noise aswell and found the brake pads were making the noise. They are those cheap little steel things that hold the pads tight.