Front diff exploded lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving up a wet grass hill in 4 low when the front diff housing casing split - made a hell of a noise too
21 w/ 37 package and 6k -

Impressive!

This is my 4th raptor and I can assure you all the other ones worked much harder before failure.
Nobody’s concerned this post indicates 4 raptors have failed? That’s…unusual.

OP
OP
B

broadwayline

Reaction score
I love my rock-solid Gen 1!
I blew my Gen 1 rear diff up, power steering pump, all 4 shocks and also snapped a rear leaf spring + several broken IWEs.

Also had the climate control ecu fail and other electrical issues.

My 2013 was my least reliable raptor.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything man made has the propensity to fail. I bought two new 2001 Super Duties, identical trucks, same color. One was in the shop 127 times and was eventually bought back by Ford. The other was bullet proof and only needed the oil changed. It all boils down to this---

Do you feel lucky...

200.gif

OP
OP
B

broadwayline

Reaction score
Anything man made has the propensity to fail. I bought two new 2001 Super Duties, identical trucks, same color. One was in the shop 127 times and was eventually bought back by Ford. The other was bullet proof and only needed the oil changed. It all boils down to this---

Do you feel lucky...

View attachment 358411
Sucks about your super duty, but almost none of the major issues with my Gen1 were related to quality control issues.

The only issue related to that was a climate control module which was under warranty.

Mine were due to parts that couldn’t handle the abuse level I required to use the truck for its intended purpose off-road.

My power steering pump, diff, shocks, IWEs, rear leafs, frame - would of lasted much longer if they were used in a street truck environment.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks about your super duty, but almost none of the major issues with my Gen1 were related to quality control issues.

The only issue related to that was a climate control module which was under warranty.

Mine were due to parts that couldn’t handle the abuse level I required to use the truck for its intended purpose off-road.

My power steering pump, diff, shocks, IWEs, rear leafs, frame - would of lasted much longer if they were used in a street truck environment.
Although you do have to wonder if all those parts failed, the truck may not have been intended for that purpose. I sometimes think we expect more out of these things than they really can handle.