Fresh Off the Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is Ford doing in the Gen3’s that they’re dynoing higher TQ #s stock as some tuned Gen2s!?!? I saw that goosetune post he dynoed some stock Gen3s running just 91 octane & they were putting down over 500TQ to the wheels? I think the HP was like 380ish which makes more sense

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is Ford doing in the Gen3’s that they’re dynoing higher TQ #s stock as some tuned Gen2s!?!? I saw that goosetune post he dynoed some stock Gen3s running just 91 octane & they were putting down over 500TQ to the wheels? I think the HP was like 380ish which makes more sense
I've heard that Ford detuned the gen 2 for lower torque because the rear springs are shit. So it could be the exact same engine with a different tune from the factory.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard that Ford detuned the gen 2 for lower torque because the rear springs are shit. So it could be the exact same engine with a different tune from the factory.
Oh I’m sure that’s what it is & that does make sense b/c the wheel hop you can induce if you don’t know what your doing can really create havoc w/ axles/diff etc & obviously the more TQ available the more likely damage could occur

That being said- why wouldn’t a tuned Gen2 be able to produce the same kind of TQ figures? I don’t think it’s common to have tune-only Gen2’s break the 500rwtq mark, & goosetune got a stock gen3 to hit 518whp on 91 or 93 octane fuel….personally I think best way to avoid axle wrap/wheel hop on a gen2 (esp if tuned) is by running 4a W/ TC off when driving aggressively, like I think this solution would satisfy 90% of that issue w/o dropping big $$$ on a new set of springs + install

alphax

Reaction score
Oh I’m sure that’s what it is & that does make sense b/c the wheel hop you can induce if you don’t know what your doing can really create havoc w/ axles/diff etc & obviously the more TQ available the more likely damage could occur

That being said- why wouldn’t a tuned Gen2 be able to produce the same kind of TQ figures? I don’t think it’s common to have tune-only Gen2’s break the 500rwtq mark, & goosetune got a stock gen3 to hit 518whp on 91 or 93 octane fuel….personally I think best way to avoid axle wrap/wheel hop on a gen2 (esp if tuned) is by running 4a W/ TC off when driving aggressively, like I think this solution would satisfy 90% of that issue w/o dropping big $$$ on a new set of springs + install

Where did you see a stock Gen3 making 518whp on octane? Even my Goosetuned E50 isn’t making that much. From what I recall, there’s no tune out for Gen3s yet because of the computer system. I could be wrong though.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you see a stock Gen3 making 518whp on octane? Even my Goosetuned E50 isn’t making that much. From what I recall, there’s no tune out for Gen3s yet because of the computer system. I could be wrong though.
He didn’t tune it- that was stock!!! He posted it on the forum.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He didn’t tune it- that was stock!!! He posted it on the forum.
Here check it out

alphax

Reaction score
Here check it out

Oh those are TQ numbers. My bad, I thought you were talking about WHP… disregard.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you putting down on E50?