Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

1. Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324 Full Access Member

Hey guys I just installed a set of fox 3.0’s. I read the tuning guide and I was curious if most of you guys just use the base “starting” setting’s fox recommends or is there a certain setup that has been working well for people? Also I get that the two knobs on the reservoir facing the back are for high and low speed compression but does anyone know what the single orange knob facing forward is for. It does not mention this in the tuning guide. Thanks for the help!

2. mikepipe597

mikepipe597 Full Access Member

Call the FOX 1-800 number and ask them to email you the new detailed instructions for adjusting the shocks. It's a must for understanging.

3. OneFast440

OneFast440 Member

Under the orange cap that faces forward is where you fill the shocks with nitrogen. You shouldn't have to do that unless you have them serviced.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. 18RaptorOW

18RaptorOW Member

Attached is the tuning guide. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

5. Turbogoat324

Thanks everyone! I’ll start messing with it

18RaptorOW likes this.
  6. Turbogoat324

I adjusted the shocks to where the guide recommends and it’s a bit stiffer than stock but in a good way! I may try to soften it a little but the truck definitley feels more solid and planted being that little stiffer. Also I was worried about how loud the bypasses would be but they are not even noticeable. Overall these things are fantastic from the on road perspective. Heading out to hungry valley next weekend and then 2 weeks later a group of buddies and I are headed to Barstow! I can’t wait to get them dialed in and see how they compare to the stock setup.

OneFast440 likes this.
  7. Turbogoat324

Ok guys this is probably a stupid question but I asked Fox and they said for liability that can’t give recommendations for certain terrain. Just correct me if I’m wrong but for whoops and Washboard roads I would want my suspension set softer correct? I read someone say you want it stiff so it can compress and return quick but I always had heard you’d want it a little softer for washboard and whoops. And for jumps you would want stiffer correct?