Fox 3.0 tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric Breden

Reaction score
If I remember correctly it was only like 6 or 7 full turns from the top. I ran them how fox sets them for maybe a week then I ended up turning mine down as low as they would go. It's still about an 1.5" of lift over stock.

Interesting, with mine at zero preload truck sat at pretty much stock height, after speaking with SVC I have 14 on the drive and 13 on passenger side. This gave me about 1.7" lift. These are the new live valve 3.0's on a 2020. Talk with Fox and they couldn't answer any questions on the tech line lol.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017, non live valve and I put two extra turns into my 3.0s from the way they came. Truck sits perfectly level with Icon option 2 rear leafs and about 400lb in the bed. I am happy with ride quality.

nclemens

Reaction score
Interesting, with mine at zero preload truck sat at pretty much stock height, after speaking with SVC I have 14 on the drive and 13 on passenger side. This gave me about 1.7" lift. These are the new live valve 3.0's on a 2020. Talk with Fox and they couldn't answer any questions on the tech line lol.
I'm assuming that is because you have a 2020. My truck is 2017 with the non live valve fox 3.0's. I thought I read somewhere on here where people were talking about the newer model year trucks setting taller in the front from factory. That might be the case here. Are you running any mods on the rear end?

Eric Breden

Reaction score
I'm assuming that is because you have a 2020. My truck is 2017 with the non live valve fox 3.0's. I thought I read somewhere on here where people were talking about the newer model year trucks setting taller in the front from factory. That might be the case here. Are you running any mods on the rear end?
Yeah, I have Icon leafs in the Option 1 setting.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone rebuilt their 3.0s yet and if so what was the cost?and do the shocks need to be removed?