Fox 3.0 Live Valve Spring Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped the springs on the latest 3.0's from Fox? I'm tapped out with 2" preload on the front and after a couple thousand miles it's settled in to be a bit squatty up front. I tried asking Geiser if their springs fit or if they had anything new for them, but no dice. I really miss their springs on the OEM Fox for Gen2! They sat perfectly.

Appreciate anyone's tips or leads.

Ozzy207

Reaction score
Geiser progressive rate springs work on the 3.0 live valve shocks. I have them on my truck and realllllly like them compared to the stock springs!
Has anyone swapped the springs on the latest 3.0's from Fox? I'm tapped out with 2" preload on the front and after a couple thousand miles it's settled in to be a bit squatty up front. I tried asking Geiser if their springs fit or if they had anything new for them, but no dice. I really miss their springs on the OEM Fox for Gen2! They sat perfectly.

Appreciate anyone's tips or leads.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geiser progressive rate springs work on the 3.0 live valve shocks. I have them on my truck and realllllly like them compared to the stock springs!

wow really?? because this is what i got from geiser this week:

//
Hello Ryan,

Our springs will not work on those shocks, you may be able to run spacer blocks (the leveling kit on our website) that will lift your truck 2” and then back off your preload. Because of the way the new shocks are designed you may have to play with the spacers to make them fit, not sure.

Thanks,

Wyn Geiser
//

Ozzy207

Reaction score
wow really?? because this is what i got from geiser this week:

//
Hello Ryan,

Our springs will not work on those shocks, you may be able to run spacer blocks (the leveling kit on our website) that will lift your truck 2” and then back off your preload. Because of the way the new shocks are designed you may have to play with the spacers to make them fit, not sure.

Thanks,

Wyn Geiser
//
I’m not sure what to tell ya, other than check with shops that sell Geisers for our trucks. Give Paul or Jeff from Offroad Alliance a call or shoot them an email and they can verify that the Geisers are compatible with liveValve shocks from Fox.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what to tell ya, other than check with shops that sell Geisers for our trucks. Give Paul or Jeff from Offroad Alliance a call or shoot them an email and they can verify that the Geisers are compatible with liveValve shocks from Fox.

interesting. thanks mate! i'll hit up jeff for extra validation.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score

last question - are you running any preload on these with the Geiser spring?

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there may be a misunderstanding here. You have the aftermarket fox 3.0’s with the external bypass. It gets confusing because the stock shocks OD is 3”. But you have no preload option on stock shocks. Have you contacted Fox, maybe you got a bad set of springs. I don’t have the live valves but I’m running about a 1/4” of preload and have about a 1/2 rake back to front. With deaver +3’s.

Ozzy207

Reaction score
I think there may be a misunderstanding here. You have the aftermarket fox 3.0’s with the external bypass. It gets confusing because the stock shocks OD is 3”. But you have no preload option on stock shocks. Have you contacted Fox, maybe you got a bad set of springs. I don’t have the live valves but I’m running about a 1/4” of preload and have about a 1/2 rake back to front. With deaver +3’s.
Well said & spot on.

geisers work with the 2019+ live valve fox shox that come on raptors from the factory. No preload needed to get 2” to 3” of lift.

the aftermarket live valve Fox shox with the remote reservoirs probably do not accept geiser springs. nor would I think you’d want to swap springs, as the aftermarket versions have adjustable spring collars to add more preload (lift).

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well said & spot on.

geisers work with the 2019+ live valve fox shox that come on raptors from the factory. No preload needed to get 2” to 3” of lift.

the aftermarket live valve Fox shox with the remote reservoirs probably do not accept geiser springs. nor would I think you’d want to swap springs, as the aftermarket versions have adjustable spring collars to add more preload (lift).

yeah you guys got it figured out here. i'm not running the "OEM" Fox kit. i had geisers on those and sold those springs with that set of shocks when i moved to the new 3.0 live valves front and back.

Dustan - that's interesting. i'm basically the full 2" max allowed preload on the new kit with deaver +3's in the back and i'm still visibly a bit nose low.

Ozzy207

Reaction score
yeah you guys got it figured out here. i'm not running the "OEM" Fox kit. i had geisers on those and sold those springs with that set of shocks when i moved to the new 3.0 live valves front and back.

Dustan - that's interesting. i'm basically the full 2" max allowed preload on the new kit with deaver +3's in the back and i'm still visibly a bit nose low.
Really interested to hear how you like your upgraded shocks!