ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I added it to mine last week, took a long trip and I "think" it's working. I'm getting the green circle with A in it and lost the blue high beam icon, can scroll through different headlight settings by pushing the stalk forward, etc. I was in South Texas so there aren't many backgrounds that make it easy to see, but it seemed to be working.

One thing to mention, I am getting some flickering with Max brightness DRL.
Some have experienced this and reverted back to the original settings. Drop the brightness down to 75% which is still a descent amount of output…see pic below.

Attachments

• 0033398A-3C17-48C5-9730-83FB91CD1677.png
    0033398A-3C17-48C5-9730-83FB91CD1677.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 305

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have experienced this and reverted back to the original settings. Drop the brightness down to 75% which is still a descent amount of output…see pic below.
I thought I saw this but couldn't find it when searching. Thanks.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added it to mine last week, took a long trip and I "think" it's working. I'm getting the green circle with A in it and lost the blue high beam icon, can scroll through different headlight settings by pushing the stalk forward, etc. I was in South Texas so there aren't many backgrounds that make it easy to see, but it seemed to be working.

One thing to mention, I am getting some flickering with Max brightness DRL.
I believe you can tell when you start the truck at night. The headlights should move up, down, left and right.

2020is

Reaction score
Decided last week to mess with Forscan on my '22 after not touching in since my '18 and found out I had to order a new OBD tool so have that on the way as of yesterday afternoon.

Is there a setting that can be changed to keep the shift lever from moving to Park when you pop the door open a little quick? Starting to get used to it now but have had multiple times when I simultaneously go to shift the truck into park and open door at same time but the stupid electronic lever is now moving in slow motion towards park rather than my normal speed of shifting.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided last week to mess with Forscan on my '22 after not touching in since my '18 and found out I had to order a new OBD tool so have that on the way as of yesterday afternoon.

Is there a setting that can be changed to keep the shift lever from moving to Park when you pop the door open a little quick? Starting to get used to it now but have had multiple times when I simultaneously go to shift the truck into park and open door at same time but the stupid electronic lever is now moving in slow motion towards park rather than my normal speed of shifting.
Why would you open your door before the truck is in park?

2020is

Reaction score
Why would you open your door before the truck is in park?
Cause I want to.

Just timing of things maybe when hooking up a trailer. Same way I have done things since my first F150 in 2002 but first truck that it has caused aggravation. 7k miles in so far so obviously I can deal with it, just curious if might be a way to “fix” it.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score

since that star trek actor ran himself over with his grand cherokee, EVERY electronic shifter across basically every brand defaults to park when a door is opened.

mkraus01

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the oil temp numbers on the display. I have the 3, just not the oil. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4250 (002).jpg
    IMG_4250 (002).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 119

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since that star trek actor ran himself over with his grand cherokee, EVERY electronic shifter across basically every brand defaults to park when a door is opened.
This is exactly right. It is literally a safety feature. What happens when you jump out of the truck and it takes off because it is in drive? Seems like a dumb thing to override.