ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was for me
isn't that illegal? driving with your parking lights on, it'd be hard to deceive it's illegal if it's the normal headlight surround plus 3 small center markers, but all of that plus side parking lights feels a little more obvious. I haven't seen it in person though stock vs modded DRLs....

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
isn't that illegal? driving with your parking lights on, it'd be hard to deceive it's illegal if it's the normal headlight surround plus 3 small center markers, but all of that plus side parking lights feels a little more obvious. I haven't seen it in person though stock vs modded DRLs....

I'm sure it's state specific but it probably is illegal most places. Although, in a day of grill-mounted clearance lights, side clearance marker lights, etc and now all of these cars with lights in their wheels, wheel wells, underbody, etc I'm sure nobody even thinks twice about it. Also illegal is tinted windows in most places, going 1mph over the speed limit, etc so I guess I'm a rulebreaker. Since the light covers are kind of frosted you can barely tell they are on from what I can tell.

That said, I've been playing around with settings in Forscan and trying to figure out a way to get the grill lights on but not flare mounted lights. Haven't gotten it so far. Maybe I need to message Livnitup

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's state specific but it probably is illegal most places. Although, in a day of grill-mounted clearance lights, side clearance marker lights, etc and now all of these cars with lights in their wheels, wheel wells, underbody, etc I'm sure nobody even thinks twice about it. Also illegal is tinted windows in most places, going 1mph over the speed limit, etc so I guess I'm a rulebreaker. Since the light covers are kind of frosted you can barely tell they are on from what I can tell.

That said, I've been playing around with settings in Forscan and trying to figure out a way to get the grill lights on but not flare mounted lights. Haven't gotten it so far. Maybe I need to message Livnitup
Yeah, I'm with you on this, just feels like with all parking lights up front on it would seem odd...again I haven't seen it in person and well we do have Raptors there is a lot of other lights we can run too so maybe it won't even be noticeable like you are saying. I will hopefully get to play around with settings next week. I would be interesting if there is a finer tuned setting that would just turn on those three grille lights and not the side markers.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All 5 markers go on at night with the headlights so I don’t think there would be any issue… there are no laws against having headlights on during the day

Last edited:

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question….can the dealer tell you did forscan mods to your truck? What if you take it for service and they figure out you have been messing with your “settings”?

I’m sure they would deny your warranty.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So question….can the dealer tell you did forscan mods to your truck? What if you take it for service and they figure out you have been messing with your “settings”?

I’m sure they would deny your warranty.
Did changing the settings have anything to do with the alleged problem?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did changing the settings have anything to do with the alleged problem?
It’s just Ford factory settings. I’m not sure how different it looks than an update but I can’t see it causing issues unless they can explicitly blame the problem on forscan changes