ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too would like to make some changes, is this all I need other than a windows laptop?
You’ll need the latest version of Forscan and either purchase 1 year license or get the free version that’s good for a day or two and off you go.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll need the latest version of Forscan and either purchase 1 year license or get the free version that’s good for a day or two and off you go.
It's 3 months but considering the year is $12 and it helps keep the Forscan program updated and able to get some support, it's more than worth just donating the money IMO. Most of the other brands don't have this feature so it's a huge plus for us

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, Forscan, as well as the OBD device?
Sorry, for the questions, just new to this. I purchased a very cheap used laptop with Windows 10OS on eBay today, so hopefully I’m set.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, Forscan, as well as the OBD device?
Sorry, for the questions, just new to this. I purchased a very cheap used laptop with Windows 10OS on eBay today, so hopefully I’m set.
Scroll to the bottom of Home tab to see supported platforms. Click the Products tab for the license.

It's 3 months but considering the year is $12 and it helps keep the Forscan program updated and able to get some support, it's more than worth just donating the money IMO. Most of the other brands don't have this feature so it's a huge plus for us
Thanks for the correction. I opted for the 1 year version as well way back when…

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly right. It is literally a safety feature. What happens when you jump out of the truck and it takes off because it is in drive? Seems like a dumb thing to override.
Drove my Jeep for 14 years and when your off roading it’s nice to take a look out the door to check some things out. I get the safety feature of it but kinda annoying for the rest of us that don’t make stupid mistakes.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added it to mine last week, took a long trip and I "think" it's working. I'm getting the green circle with A in it and lost the blue high beam icon, can scroll through different headlight settings by pushing the stalk forward, etc. I was in South Texas so there aren't many backgrounds that make it easy to see, but it seemed to be working.

One thing to mention, I am getting some flickering with Max brightness DRL.
When you pass an oncoming car, you should see the lights fade down gradually, and depending on where the car is, it can only fade one side or the other. It's subtle, not like the on off of typical high beams. It is also not active below 28 mph (or close to that). You should see them fade up once you pass that speed.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you pass an oncoming car, you should see the lights fade down gradually, and depending on where the car is, it can only fade one side or the other. It's subtle, not like the on off of typical high beams. It is also not active below 28 mph (or close to that). You should see them fade up once you pass that speed.
I think I see it and the icon is up, lights seem to move a bit at startup. As you said, it's so subtle that it's hard to tell.

I can say that even after leveling my truck out, I haven't been flashed once since I bought the truck.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scroll to the bottom of Home tab to see supported platforms. Click the Products tab for the license.
Thank you, I appreciate your help. I have the OBD device coming tomorrow via Amazon, and a cheap laptop as well.
Really looking forward to making some changes, especially getting rid of the irritating double honk (Ford Defibrillator) just as I approach the front of my pickup…

Last edited:

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the list of changes I made:

Amber lights and surrounds as DRL

—max brightness for marker LEDs

Seatbelt chime delete

Double honk delete

Temp above gauges

Global windows open/close

Reverse mirror dip

Subwoofer on Aux for boosted bass
I hadn't noticed this before....I thought that the DRL stock were headlight and the 3 yellow marker lights at the top of the grille. Was driving the other day and noticed it is just the yellow on the headlight that is DRL. I haven't gotten into the Forscan software yet or made any updates. Are you saying that you can change which lights are on for DRLs? basically if I wanted those three amber markers on as well as the headlights there is a setting for that, seems like you can increase the brightness of your DRL as well