ForScan for Newbs and must have mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been a while, I’ll have to look up the specifics.
Hey man. Found this in the fourm. Save you some time searching or waiting for an answer.
That’s the thread i would have pointed to. There’s a spreadsheet somewhere on here, I may have it on my PC but I’ll have to check that later.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SurfRaptor also a newb... there is a pretty detailed forescan thread in this forum... I have read through a couple times front to back to start familiarizing myself...

there is also a really good thread on the other f150 forum focused on gen14 trucks, real ninjas there (some are in our forescan thread as well) which has been equally helpful....

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Allegedly, Glare Free can't be done for 23s due to them not having the required chip.
Is this confirmed? New MY23 raptor owner and just learning about Forscan, etc. I thought this feature sounded really cool, would be bummed to find out that it's not possible on my truck. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the spreadsheet and the info in the thread is what I need. Check out this video. It seems that there is an updated program everyone is ussing that is much more user friendly and doesn't require detailed editing of code. It's shown in this video so I am not sure that the infomation being discussed applies to those of us that are usiing the new updated software.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add Glare Free...provided you have a 21 or 22. Allegedly, Glare Free can't be done for 23s due to them not having the required chip.
I think in the gen3 forescan thread a member with a 23 indicated he had glarefree working as well as some late 22 builds so it may only be the Job 2 22 trucks that were missing required hardware.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think in the gen3 forescan thread a member with a 23 indicated he had glarefree working as well as some late 22 builds so it may only be the Job 2 22 trucks that were missing required hardware.
That’s it…it was something to do with the current Job #2 trucks. Thanks for the correction.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added it to mine last week, took a long trip and I "think" it's working. I'm getting the green circle with A in it and lost the blue high beam icon, can scroll through different headlight settings by pushing the stalk forward, etc. I was in South Texas so there aren't many backgrounds that make it easy to see, but it seemed to be working.

One thing to mention, I am getting some flickering with Max brightness DRL.