Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When connecting in FORScan, what happens after it prompts you to flip the switch to MS-CAN?

You flip it, and all communication with the truck stops. Nothing will talk.

Flip it back, and I can talk to HSCAN only, clear faults, code,etc.

MSCAN won't do anything, like you disconnected the BT adapter from the truck.

try to hook up in MSCAN and it wont see it.
flip it over, ID's and reads out HSCAN.
Prompt comes up
flip.
all communication stops.

Yeah sounds like a wire solder connection is loose/broken on the switch or where it connects on the ODBII connector. I've done the switch mod on quite a few adapters and this is what it seems like to me. If they hassle you on the return and you feel like opening it up just use a razor blade to remove the top label and there will be 4 screws underneath. Here's the wiring diagram:
tGspQA.jpg

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like a wire solder connection is loose/broken on the switch or where it connects on the ODBII connector. I've done the switch mod on quite a few adapters and this is what it seems like to me. If they hassle you on the return and you feel like opening it up just use a razor blade to remove the top label and there will be 4 screws underneath. Here's the wiring diagram:
tGspQA.jpg

Yes, I saw that and was prepared to open it, but I've returned it via amazon, and have bought another one- this time with a USB cable (not that it matters lol)

Thanks for reposting that for reference.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, I had asked before if there was a setting we can tweak to always default to "perimeter only" instead of all sensors when we turn off the truck. You had checked and said no.

My question now is whether there is a setting to instead permanently disable interior sensors altogether.

I am finding that I often forget to select perimeter only, and the fans I have setup in the back for the dog keep setting off the alarm. Interior sensors are super sensitive and its turning out to be quite annoying.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
Hey Liv, I had asked before if there was a setting we can tweak to always default to "perimeter only" instead of all sensors when we turn off the truck. You had checked and said no.

My question now is whether there is a setting to instead permanently disable interior sensors altogether.

I am finding that I often forget to select perimeter only, and the fans I have setup in the back for the dog keep setting off the alarm. Interior sensors are super sensitive and its turning out to be quite annoying.
I was able to turn mine off thru the setting option on the truck no forscan required. I believe it was under advanced settings under security. Hope that helps

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No, doesn't seem to be anything to disable interior sensors so a lot of guys with dogs will put stickers over the sensors as a workaround.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to turn mine off thru the setting option on the truck no forscan required. I believe it was under advanced settings under security. Hope that helps

Is that a permanent fix? Or only till next restart. I will check this out, thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

No, doesn't seem to be anything to disable interior sensors so a lot of guys with dogs will put stickers over the sensors as a workaround.

oh that's not a bad idea. Can you point me to where the sensors are actually located?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I found this setting. Turned off interior sensors and also disabled "ask on exit"

Thanks for the tip!

So funny to keep discovering new options and features on this truck. The other day I found that I have adjustable pedals for the first time! lol. I was like "hey what does this button do? damn it moves the pedals!"

Last edited:

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may sound crazy -- but can I disable XM/FM/AM? I pretty much only use Airplay/Bluetooth for audio and it keeps kicking back on with super loud radio I don't want to hear as default.

I see a bunch of stuff in ACM: 727-01-01 but not sure if that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

thump4863

Reaction score
Are you able to change the ambient lighting when you open the door? For example when I open the doors before starting it is blue even though my setting is for orange. Once I start the truck it turns orange. Thanks a lot!