Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Liv, I have another 'feature' request for forscan.

The BLIS seems to be very conservative, i.e., lights up even when there is enough room to safely switch lanes; I think the radar in the rear taillight sweeps too far.

I find that because the system is so conservative, I frequently overrule it and switch lanes anyway, thereby rendering it less useful to start with.

Can you find a setting in forscan to reprogram the BLIS system to make it less conservative?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

The BLIS seems to be very conservative, i.e., lights up even when there is enough room to safely switch lanes; I think the radar in the rear taillight sweeps too far.

I find that because the system is so conservative, I frequently overrule it and switch lanes anyway, thereby rendering it less useful to start with.

Can you find a setting in forscan to reprogram the BLIS system to make it less conservative?

I’ve observed this too, but I tell Lucille when to change lanes, not the other way around. The mirrors are quite good, and helpful for those “I’m pretty sure I can make a safe lane change... NOW” situations.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've looked and don't see anything.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the blindspot distance can be incase when a trailer info is set to cover the blindspots on your tailer. Makes me think it MIGHT be adjustable somehow...

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you guys have 3 more addresses in your SODL/SODR modules than I have on my '16 where trailer blind spot wasn't offered so it may be hiding there. I may try flashing my SODL/SODR in a few weeks so it's the same as what you guys have and see what I can find.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you guys have 3 more addresses in your SODL/SODR modules than I have on my '16 where trailer blind spot wasn't offered so it may be hiding there. I may try flashing my SODL/SODR in a few weeks so it's the same as what you guys have and see what I can find.

Keep us posted Liv, this will be huge.

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched, googled, asked congress and i think I got a bad adapter :( Won't read MS, just HS

bbfly-BB77102 ELM327 Bluetooth V1.5 modified OBD FORScan ELMconfig FOCCCUS OBD2 HS-CAN / MS-CAN is the one I bought.

I'm waiting on the seller to get back to me.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched, googled, asked congress and i think I got a bad adapter :( Won't read MS, just HS

bbfly-BB77102 ELM327 Bluetooth V1.5 modified OBD FORScan ELMconfig FOCCCUS OBD2 HS-CAN / MS-CAN is the one I bought.

I'm waiting on the seller to get back to me.

When connecting in FORScan, what happens after it prompts you to flip the switch to MS-CAN?

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

BTW, a new version of FORScan came out yesterday 2.3.10: Download FORScan

halogrinder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When connecting in FORScan, what happens after it prompts you to flip the switch to MS-CAN?

You flip it, and all communication with the truck stops. Nothing will talk.

Flip it back, and I can talk to HSCAN only, clear faults, code,etc.

MSCAN won't do anything, like you disconnected the BT adapter from the truck.

try to hook up in MSCAN and it wont see it.
flip it over, ID's and reads out HSCAN.
Prompt comes up
flip.
all communication stops.