forscan \ Glarefree headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
def strange--what about when oncoming traffic shows up? does the glarefree work or does it just shut down the brights

Shuts the brights down if the fogs are on, but if they are off it works as glare free should . ‍

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Copp5 Have you tried disabling Fogs with highbeam? I could see that being a conflicting setup. The fogs don’t have a ramp up/down feature.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried disabling Fogs with highbeam? I could see that being a conflicting setup. The fogs don’t have a ramp up/down feature.
I was thinking off disabling bambi mode. But wouldn't it cut my fog lights off when the AG feature comes on?

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Canadian raptor with glare free enabled from factory. The way the fogs act is if glare free is enabled in settings they will turn off if glare free enables on the road. It’s annoying though because if you’re driving in early morning traffic every time glare free disables and enables the fogs cycle on and off. It happens frequently enough sometimes that I feel people think I’m some loony flashing my fogs at them so I just disabled fogs.

I will say though, recently I’ve noticed that my glare free acts weird. Like if there’s one ahead it will dim down both sides from full bright almost like normal auto high beams. But today I cycled the on /off setting for glare free while behind a car in front of me and I could see spots where it would turn off on the left and right but it wasn’t as bright as if no one is ahead of me. It’s like the total high / upper area of lighting doesn’t glare free any more. Does that makes sense?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 22 and sure would like the glare free deal , i get flashed alllll the time.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can barely open my email. Forescan looks like nasa level tech
It's not as bad as you think. Lots of tutorials on how to use the software and plenty of folk here that'll get you on the right track. Two key points as you're doing this...a) backup your module(s) prior to making any changes and b) triple check to ensure you're changing the correct value. If the change doesn't take, you can always revert back to the original settings which is why you backup your module(s) to begin with.

Trust me, I was a little hesitant at first but watching the tutorials settled things down a little. I started with something easy like eliminating the double honk. After successfully making that change, I got my confidence up and did a few more easy ones and it was off to the races. You got this...

200.gif

GT4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘23 R does this exact same thing with AG enabled and fogs on.

My previous ‘22 Raptor did not do this with fogs on, which seems weird to me.

Granted, I have not enabled ‘Bambi mode’ on my R, but it seems you have and it hasn’t changed anything. Wonder what’s different on the R’s vs the other Gen 3s?