Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to use the Edit, Find and Replace function in Google Docs. Type “honk”. The main FORScan spreadsheet for the F150....Common sheet...line 111. That should work whether it is factory or aftermarket remote start.

I do not know how to use the edit find and replace function

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the exhaust Mod--Forscan?? never heard of that one
The exhaust on are trucks run through the stereo so in forscan you can turn it off . I turned mine off and I like it a lot better . A lot quieter in the cab in my opinion

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exhaust mod / fake engine noise is a twofold change. It removes the augmented engine sounds which are played through the stereo system. Secondly, it removes the active noise cancellation. The ANC subtly reduces extraneous cabin noise via active cancellation of road noise and other environmental noises. There is no way to remove one and keep the other. It's a 2 for 1, no option. I prefer it with the ANC turned on.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know how to use the edit find and replace function

Once you've opened the Common sheet of the main F150 FORScan spreadsheet (found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466)

Right below the title you'll see the Google spreadsheet function menu items. File, Edit, View, Insert, etc....

Click on Edit, then Find and Replace. The Find can be used to search a single sheet or the entire spreadsheet (so all the sheets with all the changes for all the modules that have been documented for the F150).

It allows you to actually look things up.

My guess...is you would only make the 2nd change...the one on line 111. You are not trying to enable an aftermarket remote start, only get rid of the honk that accompanies a double press of the lock button. Ford calls that feature Car Finder and it is designed to help you find your car without the need to set off the panic alarm.

I have not tested this and I've not read of anyone else doing it...but I think there is a strong shot that it will work.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livnitup...I see the notes for enabling the Intrusion Alarm for those who add the sensors. I'd like to do the "dog mod" and disable them without having to choose every time I exit the vehicle. I've seen the suggestion to tape over them...but would really like to just get it done in FORScan (or I'd even consider disconnecting the wires that come from the sensors if the truck can be taught to ignore their absence, but not my favorite solution 'cause it completely gets rid of the function). Do you know if anyone has messed with those IPC and/or BCM memory locations and been able to disable just the interior sensors? Do you know the As Built values for a truck that shipped without them? Thanks.

Maybe a tangental idea you could answer that really deals with how the truck's systems work...seems I remember this was talked about a long time ago. And I seem to remember there was no way to do it...at that time. The "it" being assigning a programming function or toggle to a vehicle button. For instance, we have a button that performs the ON/OFF of the Auto Start/Stop function on our dashes...something we can also do via a change in FORScan. I believe the question was would you be able to assign some other programming change to an existing button? or to a new button added to a blank button location? Not sure if you're familiar with the latest Porsche design...they have a ◊ button on the steering wheel that allows the user to choose which Vehicle, Cluster or PCM function they'd like to assign to it. For instance you can make it pull up Surround View on the display or repeat the last Nav Voice Command. Anyway, just curious where things are at as it seems like some of the user ideas are getting shared with Ford developers...and some have maybe even been integrated into software/firmware updates. ??? Is that accurate?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livnitup...I see the notes for enabling the Intrusion Alarm for those who add the sensors. I'd like to do the "dog mod" and disable them without having to choose every time I exit the vehicle. I've seen the suggestion to tape over them...but would really like to just get it done in FORScan (or I'd even consider disconnecting the wires that come from the sensors if the truck can be taught to ignore their absence, but not my favorite solution 'cause it completely gets rid of the function). Do you know if anyone has messed with those IPC and/or BCM memory locations and been able to disable just the interior sensors? Do you know the As Built values for a truck that shipped without them? Thanks.

Maybe a tangental idea you could answer that really deals with how the truck's systems work...seems I remember this was talked about a long time ago. And I seem to remember there was no way to do it...at that time. The "it" being assigning a programming function or toggle to a vehicle button. For instance, we have a button that performs the ON/OFF of the Auto Start/Stop function on our dashes...something we can also do via a change in FORScan. I believe the question was would you be able to assign some other programming change to an existing button? or to a new button added to a blank button location? Not sure if you're familiar with the latest Porsche design...they have a ◊ button on the steering wheel that allows the user to choose which Vehicle, Cluster or PCM function they'd like to assign to it. For instance you can make it pull up Surround View on the display or repeat the last Nav Voice Command. Anyway, just curious where things are at as it seems like some of the user ideas are getting shared with Ford developers...and some have maybe even been integrated into software/firmware updates. ??? Is that accurate?

Trucks that don't ship with interior motion sensors have the following set as default:
IPC 720-02-02 1xxx xxxx
BCM 726-02-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx
BCM 726-34-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx
BCM 726-39-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx

There is no way to re-map the function of an existing button or create a new function because we don't have a way to re-program the firmware that is loaded into each module. So I cannot program the hazard lights switch to trigger the heated steering wheel instead, I can't program the cluster to display the outside air temp, I can't program 2-pushes of a certain button on the steering wheel to say drop the tailgate all because we don't have access to the firmware in each module where the button is already wired to. Hope this makes sense.