Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020is

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I finally got around to programming my truck with Forscan. I did the no double honk, panic button x2, and digits above coolant.

Problem I have now is my DTE is showing 590miles until empty. I did just drive it for 30 mins and it went down to 500miles until empty, then I filled it up and it went back to 590. There is no way I have 590, it really should read 490.

I noticed the same thing. My '15 EB Lariat would get 590+ but I knew that something was wrong when I saw that on the Raptor.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In case this useful here are the Forscan codes/digits you need 37 KO2s to get the mileage tracking

Tire Size = 36.0 Use ***-0ADC-xx I found this one was best. It lined up to the speed on the Lowrance and radar detector pretty well

Tire Size = 36.5 Use ***-0B03-xx This was close as well but the above was better for my setup

Do you know if these settings are the same as using the NGauge to set the size of your tires? I set mine to 36.5" using the NGauge screens, but I have not had a chance to verify the speed with my Garmin GPS.

evan9r

Reaction score
Anyone else get this to work?

I thought I'd post this here although it's not really FORScan-related for anyone interested in trying. The following describes the LOM (Lie-O-Meter) aka the fuel mileage reported on the cluster.

The following was posted by member Kingofwylietx here on the F150forum: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/fix-inaccurate-lom-2-minutes-421912/#post5852007

The LOM is known to be pretty inaccurate for most of us. The good news is that you can fix it quickly and easily in 2 minutes with no tools if you know roughly how far off it normally is...
This was posted on another forum, but I thought it was too helpful not to share. Note, I used it for the 8" display size and it worked perfectly. I modified the procedure to be more clear than what was posted on the other forum. I have not tried the 4.2" display procedure because I don't have that one. I did this and my next fillup was accurate to within 0.1mpg.

FIST!!
Take your hand calculated MPG and divide it by the LOM display MPG....then multiply by 1000. This new number is what you will change the AFE Bias to.*
Mine worked out to be 934 because my hand calculation was 18.3mpg and my LOM said 19.6mpg. Example: 18.3/19.6 = .9337xxxx. Multiply by 1000 gave me 934 (I rounded up) as the number to use.

For Lariat and up 8 inch Display:

Engine off.
1. Press and hold OK Button on the left side of the steering wheel and don't release it until the end.
2. Press push start Button only (Not Brake Pedal) to turn to*Accessory Mode.
3. Once Message “Accessory Mode” appears.... press the Brake Pedal and turn the Engine on.*
4.*Engineering Test Mode*appears instantly. Release OK button.
5. Scroll to AFE Bias and push OK to change it to the number you calculated. Note, it takes quite a few clicks to get to AFE Bias.
6. Once done, turn off truck and it will update your mpg, including your Trip 1 and Trip 2. You'll see it has changed the next time you start the truck.

For 4.2 inch Display:
Engine off.
Press and hold OK Button on the left side of the steering Wheel.
Turn the ignition on Accessory mode only.
Continue holding OK button for about 5 sec until*"Engineering Test Mode"*appears.
Turn the Engine on and go through the menu pressing and releasing OK Button until you reach*"AFE Bias 1000"
appears press and release*Down.*Using*Left*and*Right*change 1000 to the Number You calculated. Press OK. Actually the steps how to correct the Numbers appears on the screen once You reach*AFE Bias. To leave Engineering Mode after you are done, just turn the engine off.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I finally got around to programming my truck with Forscan. I did the no double honk, panic button x2, and digits above coolant.

Problem I have now is my DTE is showing 590miles until empty. I did just drive it for 30 mins and it went down to 500miles until empty, then I filled it up and it went back to 590. There is no way I have 590, it really should read 490.

This is normal with some changes to the IPC and after you drive about 200 miles and the truck learns your avg mpg it will go back down.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get this to work?

I just tried it 3 times, didn't go into *engineering test mode* as expected. Double checked the instructions, think I'm following them correctly.

Any trick we don't know about to get into ETM?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried it 3 times, didn't go into *engineering test mode* as expected. Double checked the instructions, think I'm following them correctly.

Any trick we don't know about to get into ETM?

Someone posted that the OP's directions didn't work for their truck but it did when he did the following:

"I got it to work when I released the OK button between obtaining the "Accessory Mode" screen and starting the engine."