GEN 2 Ford tracking info is total bs!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ’01 Lightining had 230 miles on it when I bought it new, and in many ways it was the best new vehicle I’ve bought. I damn well know that every test driver probably test drove it like I did... with a big freakin’ grin after flooring it a few times. Though mileage wise, I sold it with ~36k miles, I had it 8 years. In that time, I needed extended warranty 1 time - the AC compressor went out. A few days and $50 later i have frosty cold A/C again.

Ford is on the hook for 3 years / 36k miles from delivery to the customer, so if they put on 10, 100 or 1000 miles, you’re still covered. Years ago, it may have been more of a risk and wariness at buying a performance vehicle with mileage wasn’t as cool as being able to say you’ve put every mile on the vehicle. That’s no guarantee of trouble free operation. I watched my 09 Ducati get uncrated, prepped and handed over to me new, with .1 miles on it. I had it 5 year and it was the most problematic vehicle I’ve ever owned.

I’m willing to bet the truck drivers went WFO at least a few times, but probably not drag racing. I’ll bet they also did a lot to make the truck work hard, downshifting and cruising around and a lot in between. Good - one or a few less warranty repair visits for erratic shifting or stalling or whatever bugs they’re ironing out.

I just spoke to my dealer and told him if mine has more than 20 miles on it he is including a 8 year 100,000 mile platinum warranty with no deductible in at no charge. He agreed to that. We will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun trying to get your dealer to do that!

I hope he really honors his word, these dealers are out to one thing - MAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN ON EACH RAPTOR SALE!!!!

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun trying to get your dealer to do that!

I hope he really honors his word, these dealers are out to one thing - MAKE AS MUCH AS THEY CAN ON EACH RAPTOR SALE!!!!

He already rewrote the buyers order and emailed it to me. Not all dealers are bad. Most around me are selling for MSRP.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 3 for my business, but grew tired of the whole process! I purchased one on Friday. I have 3 that are built - all over MSRP, but under 5k. PM me if you are interested.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered 3 for my business, but grew tired of the whole process! I purchased one on Friday. I have 3 that are built - all over MSRP, but under 5k. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks but no thanks. I will either wait or find one for msrp. Plus I want to order it specific to what I want.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I kills me. At MSRP the dealers are making $5k to $7k with the holdback. Charging a few thousand more is just leaving a bad taste in the customers mouth...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I kills me. At MSRP the dealers are making $5k to $7k with the holdback. Charging a few thousand more is just leaving a bad taste in the customers mouth...

I’m probably dating myself here, but I can remember the first time I ever saw a vehicle priced above MSRP, 1987; the Buick Grand National GNX. The GNX was rated 300 hp, impressive for the day. I really liked that car, but my puny salary wouldn’t cut it. I never thought I’d live to see the kind of mark up on a car that I’ve seen on the GT350’s and Raptors. I never thought I’d see those prices paid either, but we have people lining up to pay it unfortunately.

We should organize a Raptor cruise at some of the more hateful ADM dealers. I’d love to stop in and let some of them know I would’ve bought there, had it not been for their ADM... yeah, I’m a little bitter and have a long memory.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m probably dating myself here, but I can remember the first time I ever saw a vehicle priced above MSRP, 1987; the Buick Grand National GNX. The GNX was rated 300 hp, impressive for the day. I really liked that car, but my puny salary wouldn’t cut it. I never thought I’d live to see the kind of mark up on a car that I’ve seen on the GT350’s and Raptors. I never thought I’d see those prices paid either, but we have people lining up to pay it unfortunately.

We should organize a Raptor cruise at some of the more hateful ADM dealers. I’d love to stop in and let some of them know I would’ve bought there, had it not been for their ADM... yeah, I’m a little bitter and have a long memory.

LOL!!! I had a 87 GN and wanted a GNX and my dealer was selling theirs for $10k over. I wish I bought it!!!

I just bought a 17 GT350R last week. The dealer was asking $25k over MSRP. I got them down to $3,000 over MSRP. Just need to work these dealers.