Ford to suspend and cutback at 8 plants

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting....I work at Bosch making injectors for Ford and every other company. This will trickle down to us no doubt. Meanwhile, just got told we are working 3 twelve hour days next week and the week after. Crazy

Kodyray72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wonder what this means for me, my truck went into production last week and today is my blend date… Wonder if this means I have a higher likelihood of getting not put on chip hold since it seems like they are trying to allocate chips to trucks that already built so we don’t see another situation like with the 2021 guys that went into production back in October. Probably just wishful thinking though.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wonder what this means for me, my truck went into production last week and today is my blend date… Wonder if this means I have a higher likelihood of getting not put on chip hold since it seems like they are trying to allocate chips to trucks that already built so we don’t see another situation like with the 2021 guys that went into production back in October. Probably just wishful thinking though.
My blend was 2/2/22. I hope you're right lol.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same blend was 2/3/22. The shipping wait will be the next issue. Mine is by truck not rail. Not sure which is slower at the moment.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of next year. They said that last year too and look at them. Trash company
Yes, and so did all auto manufacturers, and so did all the Wall Street analysts and so did literally everyone, except for a few who know exactly what's going on, myself included...I've said it will be years before the chip and parts supply issues are resolved.
Result of offshoring the last 50 to 80 years and ignoring things like pandemics!
Pure stupidity and GREED!

It's only minimally Ford's fault, no more than everyone's fault!