Ford Says Its New 7.3-Liter V8 Can Fit In The F-150, Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marmot99

Reaction score
If the Canadian Ford dealer said it's true, then it must be true!

I heard that Ford tells the Canadian dealers stuff at least a year before the American dealers.
I since some sarcasm lol. The Canadian dealer said they actually get screwed on new acquisitions as they have a market of 35mil vs 350 mil. The conversation got started by me asking what was new coming down the pipeline and he said Fords new 7.3l and the GT500. I asked what trucks the 7.3 was going in and he said the super duty and raptor. Take it for what it’s worh, may be false intel.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree - the ecoboost people are really putting up a fight since they know they made a bad buying decision. I am happy we will be able to get the 7.3!

Cant believe I'm replying to kid ic...

So you would want a Raptor with basically a diesel motor? That's what this 7.3L is mimicking. It is not a high performance engine. Its designed for fuel efficiency under load (towing/hauling).

Some people are infatuated with it because it a large V8... so are most of the turbo diesels in many truck brands. You wouldn't put one of those in your Raptor would you?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically a diesel. LoL. Yea, Ok sure it is.

It's a diesel alternative. Have you even watched any of the interviews with Ford engineers and designers? Your reaction make it seem like you've convinced yourself your imaginary engine is what is being released instead of the one Ford has actually said is coming. You sound borderline schizophrenic at this point.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant believe I'm replying to kid ic...

So you would want a Raptor with basically a diesel motor? That's what this 7.3L is mimicking. It is not a high performance engine. Its designed for fuel efficiency under load (towing/hauling).

Some people are infatuated with it because it a large V8... so are most of the turbo diesels in many truck brands. You wouldn't put one of those in your Raptor would you?

There is so much wrong with what you state. The 7.3 is a big block gasser that makes torque and power enough for a super duty and tuned enough for fun in a Raptor. Just. Like. The. 6.2.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diesel alternative. That's just precious.

Go tell the Ford engineers they're wrong and to stop misrepresenting the engine.

There is so much wrong with what you state. The 7.3 is a big block gasser that makes torque and power enough for a super duty and tuned enough for fun in a Raptor. Just. Like. The. 6.2.

Please, you can't even manage to keep yourself from getting banned due to your non stop spreading of misinformation. Is this account #5? I've lost count.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It is actually at least the 7th or 8th. Remember that once she registered as MGD, she also registered as MGD. <-- note the suffixed period. Then she trolled as sasquatch78 for a while, then gargamel and gargamel., and she tried suffixing my username with a dot - and got banned - I saved the board admin communication on that one.

sasquatch77
mcnawsty
mgd and mgd.
gargamel and gargamel. + sasquatch78
smurfslayer. <-- note the dot
kid icarus

All the same person.

Plus, she’s campaigned a few other accounts too that weren’t banned. Way back when, she created a few accounts to come here and say they drilled their charge air coolers. Yeah, it’s been a while hasn’t it?

her speech patterns are the same as a few other users too, but I’m not certain on them.

I pm’d her the name of a psychiatrist a couple years back, I see that fell on deaf ears.

ASR

Reaction score
I have had both trucks (Still have my 17). Why all the bashing on the Gen II. Kid, your reasoning is laughable at best. If or when a superior new V8 arrives, I’m sure all all prior generations will be in the same category.....not as good. Ha ha. Yes including the legendary 6.2. They will be running to trade in as well. By the way. Love the Gen I & 2. Photo of my current toys.

75788FA3-AD89-4AC3-8419-EE62BA2AF982.jpeg