Ford Says Its New 7.3-Liter V8 Can Fit In The F-150, Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is so much wrong with what you state. The 7.3 is a big block gasser that makes torque and power enough for a super duty and tuned enough for fun in a Raptor. Just. Like. The. 6.2.

The 6.2L was not a good engine choice for the Gen 1 Raptor. It was either a slightly modified SuperDuty motor (the 6.2L with different cam, timing, fuel adjustments) or a Supercharged 5.0L. They chose the cheaper of the two options, and ended up with an 11MPG truck.

They could very well do the same thing with the 7.3L... but with similar or worse MPG. Of course that would be ignoring the investment in the 3.5L... but maybe that can be an upgrade option for the regular F150s (like the Limited today). I think the optimal Raptor motor is 5.2L in the new GT500. naturally aspirated it will have similar HP/TQ numbers as the 3.5L, and of course a supercharger option would allow them to charge $100k.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a diesel alternative. Have you even watched any of the interviews with Ford engineers and designers? Your reaction make it seem like you've convinced yourself your imaginary engine is what is being released instead of the one Ford has actually said is coming. You sound borderline schizophrenic at this point.

Do you mean the marketing videos where they are gearing up to sell Super Duties? Come on man. You aren't this dumb.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you mean the marketing videos where they are gearing up to sell Super Duties? Come on man. You aren't this dumb.

No I mean the countless interviews with journalists at auto shows.

I hope you have a lot of patience. You'll need it for that unicorn 7.3 you and Eric think exists.

I have nothing against a V8 in the raptor, but you're delusitonal if you think it's going to be the 7.3. If a V8 ever makes it into a raptor it will be a derivative of Whats going in the GT500. Even that is a gigantic "if" but still far more likely than the 7.3

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I mean the countless interviews with journalists at auto shows.

I hope you have a lot of patience. You'll need it for that unicorn 7.3 you and Eric think exists.

Even you are better than this.

straw-man-meme.jpg

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
Ideally. In a perfect would there would be both a v6 and v8.

Personal I would want a lightweight V6 EcoBoost engine in the gen3 raptor. I love having a lightweight truck with massive torque.

For V8 guys/girls, I hope you get an engine that meets your expectations.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love having a reliable truck. The ecoboost is definitely not that.

The 3.5 ecoboost is going away anyway... Being replaced by the 3L TT.... Not sure why Jennies can't comprehend that reality. No more six banger for them.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love having a reliable truck. The ecoboost is definitely not that.

The 3.5 ecoboost is going away anyway... Being replaced by the 3L TT.... Not sure why Jennies can't comprehend that reality. No more six banger for them.

My Lexus LS460 spent more time in the shop in its first 2 years than my G2 Raptor did in its first 2 years.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at SEMA I spoke with the head of Ford performance he said they're committed to the EcoBoost platform on the Raptor .....enough said
I won't be surprised if they add an electric motor to it and come up with at least 500HP.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for the 7.3 but after hearing it’s going to be mated to a different 10sp I’m thinking it ain’t happening.