Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...So nice to have a forum, even better a forum that has Crystal out there.....in cyber space......monitoring our individual cry's for help in the dark......like Batman.

Crystal is Batman.....hmmm

very odd. I need coffee pay me no mind.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, punchinpaper. I can neither confirm nor deny that I'm Batman, although I'll say that my bat signal would look a bit more like the Ford logo. ;)

Crystal

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks for the laugh, punchinpaper. I can neither confirm nor deny that I'm Batman, although I'll say that my bat signal would look a bit more like the Ford logo. ;)

Crystal

Which is strangely similar in appearance to the bat logo....more proof.

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed.
My fuse #27 was melted badly. Had to yank the fuse out in two pieces. I put a longer one in and she cranks right up. I do not plan on running it until I take it in to be fixed.

I am in contact with Gresham Ford and have given them the TSB number. The parts must be paid up front and they are quoted a five day minimum delay on the kit. I certainly could do this at home but I need to check in with this dealer anyhow since we just moved out here. They are telling me it should be covered under powertrain and will confirm before they start work.
I get the impression that this is going to be one of those good dealers so I am going to just run this minimal cost exercise to get acquainted with the them. Someday I will really need to rely on a Ford Tech and I would like to have that trust built up beforehand.

Many thanks to the Forum members and Crystal for the valuable information which saved me countless hours of frustration and a probable tow bill.

image_zpswmnojve4.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's those low profile minis (not micros) then right? Just wanted to confirm as there are so many variations that may or may not work.
Be sure to get the correct fuse. My dealer said that one possible cause was the different style fuse I had in slot 28. We obviously now know that is not the case.
Confirmed.
My fuse #27 was melted badly. Had to yank the fuse out in two pieces. I put a longer one in and she cranks right up. I do not plan on running it until I take it in to be fixed.

I am in contact with Gresham Ford and have given them the TSB number. The parts must be paid up front and they are quoted a five day minimum delay on the kit. I certainly could do this at home but I need to check in with this dealer anyhow since we just moved out here. They are telling me it should be covered under powertrain and will confirm before they start work.
I get the impression that this is going to be one of those good dealers so I am going to just run this minimal cost exercise to get acquainted with the them. Someday I will really need to rely on a Ford Tech and I would like to have that trust built up beforehand.

Many thanks to the Forum members and Crystal for the valuable information which saved me countless hours of frustration and a probable tow bill.

image_zpswmnojve4.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Be sure to remove the incorrect style fuse and have the truck towed at the dealers expense. Otherwise I can see them denying the claim since the fuse is incorrect.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=939916
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get the correct fuse. My dealer said that one possible cause was the different style fuse I had in slot 28. We obviously now know that is not the case.

Be sure to remove the incorrect style fuse and have the truck towed at the dealers expense. Otherwise I can see them denying the claim since the fuse is incorrect.

QUOTE]

I kept the burnt fuse. I will pick up a correct style fuse today and swap the one that I had used to test it out.
Does anyone know what causes the overload to the fuse?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the same low profile minis @McGrath4u ordered. Are these ok? I don't need any but want to have some on hand. Anyone??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

punchinpaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a kit out there for the little square fuses, like the one in the relocate TSB?

**EDIT
I need coffee and a reading lesson, I now see that the kit has both the jCase and Minis in it.

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
UPDATE 01/01/16

On 12/29/15 I had the chance to meet with the service Manager at the dealer that did TSB 15-0137 on my 2011 Screw that I was not happy with how the work was completed.

Butch is the Service Manager at Sam Packs Five Star Ford Plano. We found a secluded room to talk about the problems I had on how the work was done and how I received the truck after the work was done. Turns out I had met Butch at a sponsored event at Sam Pack car museum a few years back. Butch gave us the speech on how their dealers were THE PLACE to bring Raptors to be repaired. He said they do not discriminate just because its a Raptor. As long as its not an OBVIOUS ABUSE issue most repairs under warrantee will not be an issue at their dealers. I thought that was a good speech and seemed like a fair approach for us owners.

Anyway, we talked about the facts. The fact that my truck was returned to me in a shotty manner. None, NONE of the areas where wiring was cut away from tie points in the harness or at push in retainer points was re attached. I explained how I had returned the truck for them to COMPLETE the work as stated on the last page of the TSB 15-0137 instruction sheet. I had a copy of that instruction sheet that I had printed off from this forum. I circled the LAST SENTENCE of the LAST PAGE in red pen where it states, Reconnect battery and re-attach clips for RAD fan and B+ cable, that was removed in steps 2,3,and 4.

I told Butch how when I returned that the day managed looked at the work done and just kinda look and was not real unhappy with the work. I told Butch how I stated to this person that I was about to get real mad at his lack of interest in my complaint and this got the response form this person to give him 15 minutes and he will have it done.

Butch and I discussed my feeling and concern that why should I bring my vehicles there if a simple TSB is done in a shotty manner and that if I had a major problem with say a tranny or motor or rear end, why would I feel any confidence in his dealerships ability to do the job correct.

Butch explained that his shop leads see to the work and manage the techs. Butch did explain how their dealership assists a local community collage with a mechanics training class and has on the job training with students and has hired many to work at their dealerships. That's fine with me and kind of cool but I hope they are not working on my truck unsupervised!

We parted with me handing Butch the TSB instruction sheet to hand to his tech. He grinned and said, I will do just that. I hope he did!

Butch said, call him with any issues I have and that if I have a problem with my Raptor to bring it by for a look. Said he would make sure its done right. We will see if I feel that comfort zone at that time. At least Butch made an effort to sit down and see what was wrong and did agree that this time it seems there was an issue and that he would rectify it. I hope so............

BDRAG

Last edited: