Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
UPDATE. 12/23/15.

I had a message on my home phone last Friday when I got home from work. It was the service manager at the dealership I had the TSB done at. He was inquiring what they had done wrong and wanted to clear it up. Says he was contacted by ford and notified of my complaint about my service.

I called back and got his voice mail. I left a message stating that I would be happy to discuses the issues and that I will do it face to face not over the phone. I explained we can get together in the next week after Christmas since I will be off. I will update on the event .

Thank you Brittany and Nick for answering my PM's and following through with your efforts to keep FORD #1. Thank you big brother at ford.:)

BDRAG

Sokoloka

Reaction score
Been having this same problem two separate nights in a row. Truck cranks but won't start. Off to check fuse 27 right now.
EDIT: 2013 SCREW with 32k miles on it.

Took it to the dealership I ordered the truck from this morning (Encinitas Ford), after i've been left stranded a total of two times. After clearly explaining the situation, I was NOT expecting to be told to pound sand however - even though my truck is still under warranty.

In no uncertain terms the service advisor told me that since I was able to get the truck started and drove it to the dealership, they are unable to help me until the truck fails to start again and I have it towed in.

I understand having to verify that overheating fuse is the issue. Disregarding the fact that there's a melted Fuse 27 hole, disregarding the fact that I have the 20A fuse that's covered in melted plastic. I'm certain they would be able to diagnose the aforementioned issue.

Until I have the truck towed in, they're unwilling to help.

At this point, I asked if he could order me the part at my own expense so I could install it myself. What aggravated me the most is that he again REFUSED and said that until the truck doesn't start again and they verify the issue they can't help me out.

This is the dealership which I ordered the truck from. This is the dealership which I've taken my truck in for regular service. This is the dealership which I thought I have a great relationship with and have been discussing ordering another vehicle from. Never expected that I would be turned down over such a simple issue, even when I offered to pay for the part and do the install myself. Really disappointed with Encinitas Ford at this point.

On a positive note - called Ken Grody Ford as I was leaving Encinitas Ford; explained the symptoms over the phone, they have the part in stock and I have a service appointment with them in an hour.

Two dealerships only ten miles apart but worlds apart when it comes to customer service. Really got me friggen hot under the collar this morning.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took it to the dealership I ordered the truck from this morning (Encinitas Ford), after i've been left stranded a total of two times. After clearly explaining the situation, I was NOT expecting to be told to pound sand however - even though my truck is still under warranty.

In no uncertain terms the service advisor told me that since I was able to get the truck started and drove it to the dealership, they are unable to help me until the truck fails to start again and I have it towed in.

I understand having to verify that overheating fuse is the issue. Disregarding the fact that there's a melted Fuse 27 hole, disregarding the fact that I have the 20A fuse that's covered in melted plastic. I'm certain they would be able to diagnose the aforementioned issue.

Until I have the truck towed in, they're unwilling to help.

At this point, I asked if he could order me the part at my own expense so I could install it myself. What aggravated me the most is that he again REFUSED and said that until the truck doesn't start again and they verify the issue they can't help me out.

This is the dealership which I ordered the truck from. This is the dealership which I've taken my truck in for regular service. This is the dealership which I thought I have a great relationship with and have been discussing ordering another vehicle from. Never expected that I would be turned down over such a simple issue, even when I offered to pay for the part and do the install myself. Really disappointed with Encinitas Ford at this point.

On a positive note - called Ken Grody Ford as I was leaving Encinitas Ford; explained the symptoms over the phone, they have the part in stock and I have a service appointment with them in an hour.

Two dealerships only ten miles apart but worlds apart when it comes to customer service. Really got me friggen hot under the collar this morning.
Just makes you shake your head and wonder "WTF" do some people think?