Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
UPDATE 12/12/15.....

Went in and had the TSB done. Service writer calls me over and tells me the TSB is the issue and that its going to cost me $280.00 plus tax and essentials. I looked him in the eye and said, EXCUSE ME? I asked him, you mean I pay for Fords screw up? Fords lack of proper engineering? Are you serious? I said ok then fine. I have the extended warrantee. How much now? He fiddles around and finds some ******** short cut and says my deductible will cover it since we are doing it under a powertrain issue and not electrical. OH Really? Fine, just fix the shit. So I sit around and BS with a few sales guys and service guy. Trucks ready and I go home.

Once home I decide to do what ANY prudent customer of a ford dealer SHOULD DO after a service is preformed by A FORD DEALER, I pop the hood and look around to see what they did or in this case DID NOT DO!

I can see right off that the tech has had to cut loose about 3 or 4 loom attachment points from the wiring harness so he can flip the fuse box over and preform the TSB. Why do I know this? BECAUSE THE LAZY SHIT BAG did not re secure ANY of the factory loom attach points. He cut the factory tape and just left all the wire harnesses laying where they were but un secured. One rubbing the bottom side of the upper radiator hose and on the driver side of the fuse box where all the wires go in under the fuse box the wires are unrestrained and rubbing against the sharp edges of the lower fuse box. The big bundle of wire running in front of the fuse box had been wrenched up and away from its pop in restraint hole and not forced back down in even though that restraint was not cut away from the loom. SHIT! WTF?????

So I dive into my fixit crap and grab tie wraps and such. I am about to re attach all the points the tech decided to leave loose. Then I just started to get mad. So I decide screw this and headed back to the dealer.

Once back I try to find my writer but he is no where. So I see a guy hanging around, he opened the place. I asked if the service manager was around. He said, I can help. I asked, are you the service manager because I want to show you what kind of work your HACK ASS tech does. Well sir please. No! Come look at this half assed job. So we go look and he is saying well ummmm. I said look, Its bad enough I have to PAY for a ford issue that should be a re call but to have a HACK get lazy and leave shit half done is not right! He says give me 15 minutes.....

They bring the truck around and I pop the hood. Now its like I expected. Black electrical tape half assed installed at the cut tape points. Its EXACTLY like one would expect from a ford dealer. If I had seen this when I got home the first time I would not be mad and I would do just what I did anyway and that's tie wrap the shit up and finish a half assed job instead of having to fix and HACK job.

So to sum it up. As usual, FORD DEALERS SERVICE DEPATMENTS SUCK! There is no supervision or sense of doing things better than they were before they work on shit. Get it in and out regardless if its done 100% correct. Charge the customer EVEN if its Fords Screw up and Ford produces the fix which is not even in stock at most dealers due to demand. Kinda reminds one of a GM ignition issue cover up? Maybe?

So anyway, order the fix kit. Do the work yourself and save the $300 plus bucks the Stealer will try and charge you. It looks like a 1 hour job even if you take the time to do it right.

BDRAG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

You forgot to end with "Rant Over".

Seriously though. I thought TSB's were not a charge if done under the warranty period or an ESP coverage. Personally I would never ever bring any vehicle to a Ford dealership on a Saturday. At the dealership closest to me, only the low end techs works on Saturday. The good ones typically have the M-F job.

What cost $280 in the order? The part retails for less than $20, so they had $260 in labor? How many hours did they put down?

Sorry for your visit, yeah some dealership service departments really do suck. You need to find a better one even if you have to drive further, that's what I did.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
RDFTS

Not sure why it would cost that much. They had the truck to me in 2.5 hours. Just not sure why an issue that has the potential for damage to persons due to failure and causing a crash or fire or both would cost a person to have fixed if its a known issue.

Is there a good dealer for everything. I do not believe that exists. One may have a great tranny guy and nothing else. One may have the suspension gewrue and that's it. Most don't cover all or half the bases. Its sad. As I get older, all the correct ways I was taught and that WERE the norm are dying away. Now you have a wet behind the ears group of carless and selfish work force who is all about give me more money before I do better verses the way I was raised. Do it right, do it better, be rewarded for your good work. Sigh. Rant not over! Haahahaaa.

BDRAG

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BDRAG - Tell us how you really feel ! :) j/k

The old saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself" seems to apply here. It sounds like you had a lazy tech assigned to work on your truck, what a bummer.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ********! I was going to take it to the dealer but Corpus Christi has even lazier people than DFW. So if you can't get it done right in a big city then we are all screwed! Guess I'll just do this myself.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
That's ********! Guess I'll just do this myself.

I would after seeing the finished dealer product. I love my Fords FROM THE FACTORY but HATE my FORD SUPPORT SHOPS. When you find one that's fair to good it don't last. Take it in and give them 3 things to fix and they do. Next trip in 3 more things and all are screwed up. Its a no win situation.

I just PRAY that when something big takes a shit that the dealer it winds up in is having a good day. HAhaaaa.

BDRAG

G~Rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need my help after visiting the dealer. PM over your details (full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and dealer), and I'll do all I can to assist.

Crystal

Crystal- why would ford not cover this, knowing this is a major issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

RDFTS

Not sure why it would cost that much. They had the truck to me in 2.5 hours. Just not sure why an issue that has the potential for damage to persons due to failure and causing a crash or fire or both would cost a person to have fixed if its a known issue.

Is there a good dealer for everything. I do not believe that exists. One may have a great tranny guy and nothing else. One may have the suspension gewrue and that's it. Most don't cover all or half the bases. Its sad. As I get older, all the correct ways I was taught and that WERE the norm are dying away. Now you have a wet behind the ears group of carless and selfish work force who is all about give me more money before I do better verses the way I was raised. Do it right, do it better, be rewarded for your good work. Sigh. Rant not over! Haahahaaa.

BDRAG

How the hell are they charging that much... My ass hat ford dealer only charged me $84

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
G~ROD My ass hat ford dealer only charged me $84

It cost me $75.26 after the service writer submitted it under a powertrain not electrical format?

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I ordered the kit and recieved it today.
17 page instructions as well.

I see where I had issues now. The instructions are vague when they tell the mechanic to re attach all the shit he took loose in steps 2-3 & 4. My bad. HAhahaaaa. SHIT! Also, instructions were only in one language.

BDRAG

Last edited: