Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question.
Since mine melted so bad I was worried there would be a fire. So I asked the dealer (once I got home) to check the system. They checked the resistance of that circuit and said everything was within spec.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the fuse contact is too small for the current being drawn and this is why they are moving it to a larger style fuse

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had this happen to be today. The #27 20amp fuse was melted. The truck would just keep cranking and not turn over. Called AAA and the tow truck driver helped me trouble shoot and ended up finding the bad fuse and replaced it with the fuse for the horn in the passenger footwell so I could get home.

I'm carrying extra fuses now! 1st problem I've had with the truck and I've got 53k miles.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had this happen to be today. The #27 20amp fuse was melted. The truck would just keep cranking and not turn over. Called AAA and the tow truck driver helped me trouble shoot and ended up finding the bad fuse and replaced it with the fuse for the horn in the passenger footwell so I could get home.

I'm carrying extra fuses now! 1st problem I've had with the truck and I've got 53k miles.
Call your dealer so they can implement the TSB.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win front R1 Concepts Rotors and Pads
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=935764
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

VOTE VOTE VOTE
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9218785/
For your favorite five.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I just had this happen to be today. The #27 20amp fuse was melted.

This happened to mine this morning as well. WTF???

So When it happened first thing I did at 5:00 am trying to leave for work was disconnect battery. Didn't do shit! So I barrowed the old ladys Exploder and she was left to drive her old ratty ass 09 Vette.

So once at work I pull up the ole forum and find this thread. YIPPIE! I figured its prolly the ole #27.

So I was out running parts for work and decided to drive the 5 minutes out of the way to stop and see if it really was #27. Opened the hood and all looked fine from the top. Pulled out my pocket knife and began to try and pry #27 out. Mines a 20amp by the way. Worked at it a few minutes very carefully. Got it out and it was burnt. As many others have had.

I had another fuse of a different style in the junk drawer. Its a 20 amp but the taller type but same width. The contacts stick out the bottom and are not surrounded by plastic. So I stuff it down in. the replacement fuse sticks up out of the hole, the complete yellow plastic portion. It seated in though. So I give it a crank. VARRROOOOOM! YIPPIE!

I closed it up and went back to work. Once back at work I put the burnt fuse under a magnifying scope in inspection. This is what I saw. It basically had burnt a pocket on both sides of one contact on the fuse. The other contact had a slot starting to arc into it on both sides.

raptor%20fuel%20pump%20fuse%202_zpszhcsaqzl.jpg

raptor%20fuel%20pump%20fuse%201_zpsc9bmmba1.jpg

From the bottom you can see where the fuse is bulging from the melting. Swoll all up! I surmise that this swelling pushed the fuse block back just enough so the burnt pits lost contact finally.

raptor%20fuel%20pump%20fuse%203%202_zpsus6l6ovd.jpg

I have been running the cat **** out of the truck the last few days. Traffic and stupid ***** abound around here and I have had it. I was in 1st and 2nd for ten minutes before arriving home and had been flogging the truck. Guess it made the fuel pump run a lot? HAhaaaa. Ooops!

I have a call into a guy at my preferred dealer to see if they have the parts for TSB 15-0137. He will let me know tommarra.

Must say this forum rocks as usual. Made it an easy fix. Hope I can get it fixed for FREE! And why again is the fuse getting so hot as to melt the plastic but not blow????

BDRAG

Last edited:

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDRAG, my fuse looked exactly like yours. I also replaced it with a longer fuse and it worked.

I'm going to try and talk to the dealer next week about the TSB.

I agree, this forum is bad ass for us Raptor owners!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps this has already been asked but can we get this TSB done at the dealer BEFORE we have the symptom as a preventive measure or is dealers only doing it after the fuse location melts, leaving us stranded?
@FordService

Hi RDFTS,

Typically speaking for any TSB/service action, symptoms have to be present/reproduced at the dealership before things can proceed. I'd recommend, however, calling your service manager to confirm. As always, if you need me to step in and help, just send over a PM.

Crystal

D

Deleted member 12951

Hi RDFTS,

Typically speaking for any TSB/service action, symptoms have to be present/reproduced at the dealership before things can proceed. I'd recommend, however, calling your service manager to confirm. As always, if you need me to step in and help, just send over a PM.

Crystal

Guess I will have to just cheat the system. I will locate the fuse and pull it, put a large enough load on it to ruin the fuse and then put in a good fuse. Will go to the dealer and show them the fuse I ruined on purpose and tell them the fuse keeps blowing and look up this TSB.

I should NOT have to do this. Ford should be fixing this regardless, no questions asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter