Ford Raptor Fuel Pump Fuse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally decided I didn't want to **** with this myself, so I called up the stealership.

First of all, they has no clue what fuse relocate kit I was talking about. Red flag number one.

Next I described it, told them I had the kit they can use, and they proceeded to set me up with an appt without a time and cost quote. Red flag number two.

So I asked... 3-4 hours and $268. I said yup, have a good one. There's no way. Three strikes and they're out.

After I quoted the TSB to him and they actually did some research on what the **** they were supposed to be doing, it was suddenly less than 2 hours and $79.

Funny thing is, if I'd just taken it in blind, it would have been $268, or more.

Got an appt next Friday AM. Hopefully the job gets done right...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh shit. Fuse 27 just blew on my buddies truck and the dealership won't cover it under powertrain and he is paying $300 for the relocation kit

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought TSB's are a warranty deal if you experience the problem?

Or is that only if you have the premium (bumper to bumper) extended warranty.

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer told him it wouldnt be covered under the powertrain warranty. I told him to fight it, thats ********

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MTF you got me worried lol that maybe they didn't realize that my trucks fuse hadn't failed yet.. so I contacted them and they said the price holds up. The TSB is simply to "assist their techs in diagnosing pattern failures" and if there's no warranty claim and I pay out of pocket, that $79 was the price I pay, assuming I provide them the kit.
@Bulletnjm so if I'm paying $79 for a standard job, then your pal is getting ****** somewhere. Because I was quoted me $268 at first and I said no way lol, then they pulled $79 out of the air. So tell him to fight it outside of a warranty claim.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
You have to know your service writer and mechanic, my truck is in for a heated seat failure , I told them while its there waiting for parts do the fuse TSB and change Trans fluid and filter. No issues getting it covered

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

His truck shut off while driving does that count?

Pull fuse and melt it a little reinstall and bring it back to dealer.