Ford Raptor Forum's "Havoc in the Hills: 2" Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fgbaloh

Reaction score
Seat belt lock

I found it online. Called A CG Lock. Its on amazon. I liked it on the track. Any thoughts about off road?

frank

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I have the Corbeau harnesses from RSiWORKS.
Love them.

seatbelt_3pointdoublered.jpg

fgbaloh

Reaction score
Corbeau harnesses

OK, so that device will hold the tire to the stock corner hook? I will order it today.

frank

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to meeting you all at Havoc. I've never been offroad so I'm really looking to learn from all of you guys. I have been reading the site and answering a lot of questions from previous posts. A couple things I'm looking to better understand,

1. I was planning to remove my tonneau cover as I expected it would not withstand the beating. Having said that, some of the pictures from last year show trucks with them in place. Any thoughts?

2. Does anyone have pictures of the tire in a stock bed using the stock corner hooks? I really don't want to drill holes or invest in bed rack that I won't use. Any pics and part suggestions appreciated.

3. I have a snell 2010 rated helmet from road racing. I was going to use an older snell 2000 rated helmet for a co-pilot. Is that acceptable? Didn't really find the helmet requirements on the site.

4. Lastly, how much do you get thrown around inside the truck with normal belts? I had a devise that hooked on to the stock belt of my car that really locked me in place when on track. I've lost it and I don't remember the name.

Thanks in advance. I hope these haven't been answered a hundred times!

Frank

Frank - welcome to the Havoc!

I hope theses answers help.

1) I would remove your tonneau cover for the run. Most likely it is secure enough, and I've run with mine on multiple times. However, your bed is not dust proof. It will get a ton of dust trapped in there. Almost pointless to have a cover.

2) purchase theses from your local dodge dealer and install on the bed bolts. It gives you an easy mounting point.
uploadfromtaptalk1410797627106.jpg

3) if its Snell rated it should be good for this run.

4) @RDFTS has a seat belt lock he used during a few runs with good success. I don't remember the name. I have the harnesses, but since you are only doing one run, this would be an easy install and probably cheaper option.

Welcome and have fun. Let me know when you're ready to sign up for the next one! Lol...

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank - welcome to the Havoc!

I hope theses answers help.

1) I would remove your tonneau cover for the run. Most likely it is secure enough, and I've run with mine on multiple times. However, your bed is not dust proof. It will get a ton of dust trapped in there. Almost pointless to have a cover.

2) purchase theses from your local dodge dealer and install on the bed bolts. It gives you an easy mounting point.

3) if its Snell rated it should be good for this run.

4) @RDFTS has a seat belt lock he used during a few runs with good success. I don't remember the name. I have the harnesses, but since you are only doing one run, this would be an easy install and probably cheaper option.

Welcome and have fun. Let me know when you're ready to sign up for the next one! Lol...

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

To add to Joe's comments Frank,

Don't let the fact that this is your first offroading venture concern you too much, it's normal. I promise that after your first lap, you will be hooked! Always remember to drive at your pace, you have all weekend to run the course, no need to go ape on the first few laps.

As far as other specific advice; Secure Everything that is not only in your bed, but also in your cab and even in your center console. You do not want projectiles flying around you/passengers when you are on course.

I still remember one of my first runs at TRR. On the center concole tray, my coin holder was completely full. By the end of the first lap, there was only a single nickel left in the holder. I also remember reaching into to the console to grab a beef stick and instead meeting the tip of an easy-assist knife that had opened during a lap. Yea, that was a lesson learned.

See ya in 2 weeks!

D

Deleted member 12951

I found it online. Called A CG Lock. Its on amazon. I liked it on the track. Any thoughts about off road?

frank

Yes this is it. I have four of them and I am selling one of them that I have on the rear seats but think it is spoken for (no money has changed hands yet) in the garage sale section.

It works awesome for off-road and even their website shows it is recommended for off-road use, not just for the track. It keeps you in your seat when bouncing around but still gives you all upper body movement. I've read that unless you have a roll cage, that a full harness is deadly if you are stuck in an upright position and can't move if you roll.

I highly recommend the CG-Lock and was completely impressed with the results!

Scott1446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to Joe's comments Frank,

Don't let the fact that this is your first offroading venture concern you too much, it's normal. I promise that after your first lap, you will be hooked! Always remember to drive at your pace, you have all weekend to run the course, no need to go ape on the first few laps.

As far as other specific advice; Secure Everything that is not only in your bed, but also in your cab and even in your center console. You do not want projectiles flying around you/passengers when you are on course.

I still remember one of my first runs at TRR. On the center concole tray, my coin holder was completely full. By the end of the first lap, there was only a single nickel left in the holder. I also remember reaching into to the console to grab a beef stick and instead meeting the tip of an easy-assist knife that had opened during a lap. Yea, that was a lesson learned.

See ya in 2 weeks!

I will confirm that Big Blue's comment "I promise that after your first lap, you will be hooked!" is true. My first event was Havoc last year and I keep coming back for more!