Ford F-150 Raptor R Order Books Will Open Up In Fall 2022: Exclusive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the bolded statement means. Obviously, they aren't going to make as many Raptors as other F150 models. I have no idea what the ratio, how many Raptors produced per other F150s produced, is or what it should be.

Haven't heard it recently, but a lot of people used to complain that Ford made too many Gen 2s. Now that Ford isn't producing as much, it's not enough.
We assume X% of F-150's are typically allocated Raptor right? Supposedly 10% or somewhere in that range? Regardless of what the normal % of F-150's produced are Raptors, we are not seeing that represented in current production. My local dealer has had 150+ MY21 and MY22 F-150's of various trims come through already (according to them), and 2 Raptors thus far. That tells me that Raptor production is lagging relative to the typical production allocation. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We assume X% of F-150's are typically allocated Raptor right? Supposedly 10% or somewhere in that range? Regardless of what the normal % of F-150's produced are Raptors, we are not seeing that represented in current production. My local dealer has had 150+ MY21 and MY22 F-150's of various trims come through already (according to them), and 2 Raptors thus far. That tells me that Raptor production is lagging relative to the typical production allocation. Does that make sense?

Yes and No. First, it's a dealer...never trust a dealer. Second, the new F150 model came out almost a year before Raptor. That would skew the numbers quite a bit, particularly since F150s were being produced before supplies dried up. Third, I get the feeling that the supply of Raptors are mostly ending up in California, beyond even dealer allocations. Your dealer may say that he's only gotten 2, but entirely possibly that he had 5 and gave 3 of them away to other dealers.

I haven't spoken to my local dealer, but that pretty much have nothing on the lot. Been that way for months.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and No. First, it's a dealer...never trust a dealer. Second, the new F150 model came out almost a year before Raptor. That would skew the numbers quite a bit, particularly since F150s were being produced before supplies dried up. Third, I get the feeling that the supply of Raptors are mostly ending up in California, beyond even dealer allocations. Your dealer may say that he's only gotten 2, but entirely possibly that he had 5 and gave 3 of them away to other dealers.

I haven't spoken to my local dealer, but that pretty much have nothing on the lot. Been that way for months.
Well if everything is a lie then there's not really anything to discuss or room to speculate. I'm in NV and basing my opinion on the dealer with whom I have had a personal relationship outside of car buying for 15 years. So we'll have to agree to disagree in our observations, not that it matters either way.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well if everything is a lie then there's not really anything to discuss or room to speculate. I'm in NV and basing my opinion on the dealer with whom I have had a personal relationship outside of car buying for 15 years. So we'll have to agree to disagree in our observations, not that it matters either way.

All good. I'm just saying that I wouldn't draw conclusions about production numbers based on one dealer, even if you trust the dealer. I agree that it doesn't really matter.