Ford F-150 Raptor R Order Books Will Open Up In Fall 2022: Exclusive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many TRX's have been sold in the time period? This response has been terrible by Ford from start to finish, I expect getting your Raptor R will make the 37PP delivery's look well handled.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
When the entire world shut down in early 2020 ALL companies scaled back on purchasing commodities for production, not just Ford. Even the master magician Elon Musk is having supply chain issues, originally the Cyber truck was supposed to be produced last year and now he is saying, "hopefully in 2023". Just saying we need to put things into perspective, or not lol.
Lets be real,

The Cybertruck was hype only, and I'd be surprised if that thing ever comes out.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
How many TRX's have been sold in the time period? This response has been terrible by Ford from start to finish, I expect getting your Raptor R will make the 37PP delivery's look well handled.
This is my point.

How is Ram of all companies getting components for these "complex" systems whereas ford can't? They schedule at the same fabs, similar systems and OEMs, so it's ridiculous Ford isn't keeping up with RAM. I've seen multiple TRX's where I live, a good friend just bought one, I test drove one a few months ago right before it sold.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Approximately 569,389 Ram trucks were produced in 2021 and 726,003 Ford trucks (~30% more). Ford by a good margin produces more vehicles overall than Dodge. Ford doesn't break out the different models so it would be impossible to get the exact numbers. But I can imagine it is harder to get chips and other commodities to produce 726,003 than it is for 569,389, just simple math.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Approximately 569,389 Ram trucks were produced in 2021 and 726,003 Ford trucks (~30% more). Ford by a good margin produces more vehicles overall than Dodge. Ford doesn't break out the different models so it would be impossible to get the exact numbers. But I can imagine it is harder to get chips and other commodities to produce 726,003 than it is for 569,389, just simple math.
Yeah number 1 selling truck for what like 50 years? I understand that Ford sells more F series trucks than Ram. I'm frustrated by the fact that they can produce that many more vehicles, and it seems the share of Halo models (Raptor) doesn't seem to be produced at the same rate. Which I understand, the fleet vehicles are their perpetual money maker. I simply think that Ford has botched the timeline for delivery and release of the regular Raptor, and the Raptor R will be even worse.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah number 1 selling truck for what like 50 years? I understand that Ford sells more F series trucks than Ram. I don't understand why they can produce that many more vehicles, and it seems the share of Halo models (Raptor) don't seem to be produced at the same rate. Which I understand, the fleet vehicles are their perpetual money maker. I simply think that Ford has botched the timeline for delivery and release of the regular Raptor, and the Raptor R will be even worse.
I'm stuck in shipping purgatory, so I am not a big fan of how Ford is handling this at all. The lines of communication are virtually non-existent, but here I still wait......

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck in shipping purgatory, so I am not a big fan of how Ford is handling this at all. The lines of communication are virtually non-existent, but here I still wait......
All my gripes aside, I hope they prove me wrong. I hope for the consumers sake this is a smooth roll out and delivery.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah number 1 selling truck for what like 50 years? I understand that Ford sells more F series trucks than Ram. I'm frustrated by the fact that they can produce that many more vehicles, and it seems the share of Halo models (Raptor) doesn't seem to be produced at the same rate. Which I understand, the fleet vehicles are their perpetual money maker. I simply think that Ford has botched the timeline for delivery and release of the regular Raptor, and the Raptor R will be even worse.

Not sure what the bolded statement means. Obviously, they aren't going to make as many Raptors as other F150 models. I have no idea what the ratio, how many Raptors produced per other F150s produced, is or what it should be.

Haven't heard it recently, but a lot of people used to complain that Ford made too many Gen 2s. Now that Ford isn't producing as much, it's not enough.