Ford F-150 Raptor R Order Books Will Open Up In Fall 2022: Exclusive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belacyrf

Reaction score
I figure that this will be between $90,000 and $95,000 sticker. Add in ADM and you'll be over $150k. I'd love to have one, but ADMs will price me out of the market.
Yup LOL

I keep telling myself that as cool as that truck will be. It's just not going to be a "daily" use type of truck like the 3.5 with what will probably be horrible gas mileage.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be down right ridiculous right now for Ford to make any official announcement about production of vehicles, new or existing models, more than 3 months out. They clearly don't have control of the supply chain.

They could open up reservations, but shouldn't be giving customers any delivery dates.

As far as the R happening....I could be wrong but making an R seems/seemed more likely than a Bronco Raptor. Certainly more folks are asking for an R.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be down right ridiculous right now for Ford to make any official announcement about production of vehicles, new or existing models, more than 3 months out. They clearly don't have control of the supply chain.

They could open up reservations, but shouldn't be giving customers any delivery dates.

As far as the R happening....I could be wrong but making an R seems/seemed more likely than a Bronco Raptor. Certainly more folks are asking for an R.
Does any company have control of their supply chain right now? I don't think so. Not making excuses for Ford but no company at this point is saying how great their supply chain is operating, quite the contrary.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does any company have control of their supply chain right now? I don't think so. Not making excuses for Ford but no company at this point is saying how great their supply chain is operating, quite the contrary.

I wasn't saying that Ford is worse or better than others with production right now. The topic was about Ford open up order for the R, so I was only commenting on Ford.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't saying that Ford is worse or better than others with production right now. The topic was about Ford open up order for the R, so I was only commenting on Ford.
By the time they actually begin production who knows if the supply chain issues will still be present. They shouldn't just stop introducing new vehicles due to current supply chain problems because these issues will not be here forever, although it definitely feels like they will be.

SneakyPayload

Reaction score
Yea, they did. And like idiots they descheduled themselves from the fabs for chips, and ****** themselves.

JIT bit them in the ass, and now since the fabs are making more money with silicon for ps5/xboxes/gpus/cpus, they aren’t going to schedule old process silicon, (greater than 20nm) for fab because they like money too. And I don’t blame them.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By the time they actually begin production who knows if the supply chain issues will still be present. They shouldn't just stop introducing new vehicles due to current supply chain problems because these issues will not be here forever, although it definitely feels like they will be.

I'll quote myself...

I'm saying go ahead and announce the R if you want to, but don't promising people they'll start appearing in dealerships at any particular date.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they did. And like idiots they descheduled themselves from the fabs for chips, and ****** themselves.

JIT bit them in the ass, and now since the fabs are making more money with silicon for ps5/xboxes/gpus/cpus, they aren’t going to schedule old process silicon, (greater than 20nm) for fab because they like money too. And I don’t blame them.
When the entire world shut down in early 2020 ALL companies scaled back on purchasing commodities for production, not just Ford. Even the master magician Elon Musk is having supply chain issues, originally the Cyber truck was supposed to be produced last year and now he is saying, "hopefully in 2023". Just saying we need to put things into perspective, or not lol.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll quote myself...

I'm saying go ahead and announce the R if you want to, but don't promising people they'll start appearing in dealerships at any particular date.
Why not? They said the Gen 3 would be in showrooms by summer 2021 and they delivered as promised......just not mine LOL